Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2019/2020 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, to be honest, I don’t see where u are seeing this crazy competition that will confuse things. Lampard wants to play 2 attacking 8s, there is enough minutes to go around.

Also, RLC is almost 25 and has been injured throughout his career, would make no sense to go into the season with him has our only creative midfield (Barkley, headless chicken. Mount , mainly a pressure machine)

Maybe Mourinho has brainwashed me, but this is what I believe. On this level, competition should not be creating confusion. If competition is getting to a player, then maybe he does not have the mentality to make it at this level. Azpi saw competition this season and stepped up big time. Dude was IMO our player of the year (maybe Pulisic, but he missed a lot of games with injuries.)
I'm with you on that in the fact that players should have the mentality for competition but one of the reasons Liverpool are so successful is they don't chop and change much. Maybe the midfield 3 when they have injuries. If you get Havertz you could ask 10 Chelsea fans to name your starting 11 and you would probay get 10 different answers. As long as you start the season with the same centre backs that's what I care most about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back