Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2019/2020 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Leicester tried to pick him up with that sweet sweet Maguire money , but Bournemouth asked for 70 mil. Looks like we can get him back for 40 mil.
I would use him at LB.....he is versatile, Azi can be moved central or used to cover both flanks.

Ruben is about to return, I think Lampard just needs to rotate and adjust in games and prior.

We have a squad we should finish the season with and then buy persons in the summer that is a step above what we have.

Upon reflection you can say what at you like about Ole but it’s clear the players have bought in. I’m expecting varied results until we can get in reinforcements.

There is an issue with mentality. They clearly step it up for big games which is the Man Utd culture but not doing it against the so called lesser teams is what is causing the problem.

We need to keep that big game mentality for the upcoming run of games. Top 4 could be back on the cards but so could silly draws and stupid losses.

Last edited:
Who remembers when this was @Water Ur Seeds

Lol old fella is emotional we had just beaten the noisy neighbours... AWB he is class though and the future for England... I loved that challenge at the weekend (on jesus?) when most players would have slid across with their stronger right foot and given away the freekick but he slid in using his weaker left foot, such a mature player for 22yr... Still buzzing with that win...

Pep Guardiola: 'Man City might not be able to compete with top teams'

Pep Guardiola says Manchester City "might not be able to compete" with the best teams in Europe and have to "accept that reality".

His side lost 2-1 to local rivals Manchester United in the Premier League on Saturday and trail leaders Liverpool by 14 points.

Last season, City won the domestic treble and retained the league title but have lost four games in 2019-20.

"We have to improve and accept it and move forward," said Guardiola.

[Manchester] United have the quality to defend and the quality to attack on the counter-attack and you have to accept that," he added.

"That is the level we face against Liverpool, Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus. They are the teams we have to face and the reality is maybe we are not able now to compete with them.

"Maybe we need to live that as a club to improve, to accept the reality now and improve."

Manchester City won the first of their back-to-back league titles in 2017-18 with a record-breaking 100 points but were beaten in the Champions League quarter-finals by Liverpool.

They reached the same stage of the European competition last season before being knocked out by runners-up Tottenham but did go on to become the first English team to win the Premier League, FA Cup and Carabao Cup in the same campaign.

10igif5.gif

Pep Guardiola: 'Man City might not be able to compete with top teams'

Pep Guardiola says Manchester City "might not be able to compete" with the best teams in Europe and have to "accept that reality".

His side lost 2-1 to local rivals Manchester United in the Premier League on Saturday and trail leaders Liverpool by 14 points.

Last season, City won the domestic treble and retained the league title but have lost four games in 2019-20.

"We have to improve and accept it and move forward," said Guardiola.

[Manchester] United have the quality to defend and the quality to attack on the counter-attack and you have to accept that," he added.

"That is the level we face against Liverpool, Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus. They are the teams we have to face and the reality is maybe we are not able now to compete with them.

"Maybe we need to live that as a club to improve, to accept the reality now and improve."

Manchester City won the first of their back-to-back league titles in 2017-18 with a record-breaking 100 points but were beaten in the Champions League quarter-finals by Liverpool.

They reached the same stage of the European competition last season before being knocked out by runners-up Tottenham but did go on to become the first English team to win the Premier League, FA Cup and Carabao Cup in the same campaign.

View attachment 199445
Lmao I think I get what he's trying to say. But I think that's more of a failure on him not being able to adapt as a manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back