Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we rejecting 60m for Willian is it that we think we can't purchase better ? Is Sarri in love.

Willian 60m
Hazard 170m
Courtious 35m

Window closing
Kasper/Donaromma
Bailey/Pulisic
Vidal is available
FEKIR/Depay/Zaha

This is going to be 6th season with essentially same squad

I guess teams know the longer that they make other clubs wait until the close of the transfer window, then the more desperate clubs get and the more they can charge for players...

I guess teams know the longer that they make other clubs wait until the close of the transfer window, then the more desperate clubs get and the more they can charge for players...

As an Arsenal fan I know this all too well. It's funny seeing it happen to other clubs and their supporters getting upset.

As an Arsenal fan I know this all too well. It's funny seeing it happen to other clubs and their supporters getting upset.

Especially in this transfer climate, they can charge even more inflated money then usual... I can see somemore WTF moments late on in this transfer window...

U know Chelsea fans have been
of “beautiful football” for awhile when 10 blurry secs of training footage is driving us wild.

Mfers dissecting this shit like it’s the Zapruder film.

“Comedy Club” about to shock the world?

U know Chelsea fans have been
of “beautiful football” for awhile when 10 blurry secs of training footage is driving us wild.

Mfers dissecting this shit like it’s the Zapruder film.

“Comedy Club” about to shock the world?

Nah. They'll join arsenal and spurs in the fight for 4th.

I was wondering where his "rant" was going....so to conclude he's retiring from international football.
Hopefully he can produce his best games for Arsenal going forward now, as there won't be the excuse of "look how Ozil plays for the national team" to fall back on no more. Good luck to him!

I was wondering where his "rant" was going....so to conclude he's retiring from international football.
Hopefully he can produce his best games for Arsenal going forward now, as there won't be the excuse of "look how Ozil plays for the national team" to fall back on no more. Good luck to him!

I couldn't care about the state of Germany's team, so if a retiring Ozil means more focus with Arsenal and more likely to get the best performances from him then I'll take that.

'That is the problem these days. Whatever bull**** you say, nobody will forget it!': Jurgen Klopp defends Liverpool's huge summer spending as Alisson deal takes outlay past £170m

Jurgen Klopp has launched a passionate defence of Liverpool's huge summer outlay and is not concerned about whatever criticism comes his way.

This has been the most aggressive window in Liverpool's modern history and their spending went beyond £170million last Thursday after they paid a world record £65million for Brazil goalkeeper Alisson Becker to supplement the additions of Naby Keita, Fabinho and Xherdan Shaqiri.

Given that Liverpool also broke the world record for a central defender (£75m) to sign Virgil van Dijk from Southampton, it has left their rivals — specifically the Manchester clubs — to ask questions about comments Klopp made in July 2016 while in Los Angeles.

Shortly after Manchester United paid £89.3million for Paul Pogba, Klopp said: 'Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players. I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money.'

Klopp raised a smile when the subject was raised ahead of Liverpool's opening International Champions Cup game against Borussia Dortmund but he was firm in his response and made it clear criticism from elsewhere will have no effect.

'We don't care what the world around us is thinking, like Manchester United didn't care what I said,' said Klopp. 'It is only an opinion in that moment. Did I change my opinion? Yes. That is true. But it is better to change your opinion than never have one. That is it.

'Whatever people say about that and bring it up again and again, I have had worse days in my life and worse things. I am fine with that. All good. We have the players we wanted.

'That is the problem these days. Whatever bull**** you say, nobody will forget it! But on the other side, it is still kind of true. I couldn't imagine the world would change like that two years ago. £100m was a crazy number. Since then the world has changed completely.'

Nowhere has that been more evident than Anfield. At the end of the 2016-17 season, Liverpool's club transfer record remained the £35million that was lavished on Andy Carroll in January 2011. Since then, though, Klopp has gone beyond that fee for players SIX times.

Mohamed Salah (£36.9m), Alex Oxlade Chamberlain (£40m) and Van Dijk (£75m), arrived last season, with Keita (£52.5m), Fabinho (£43.7m) and Alisson (£65m) following on this summer. Klopp, though, believes such figures will now become the norm.

'That is the problem these days. Whatever bull**** you say, nobody will forget it!': Jurgen Klopp defends Liverpool's huge summer spending as Alisson deal takes outlay past £170m

Jurgen Klopp has launched a passionate defence of Liverpool's huge summer outlay and is not concerned about whatever criticism comes his way.

This has been the most aggressive window in Liverpool's modern history and their spending went beyond £170million last Thursday after they paid a world record £65million for Brazil goalkeeper Alisson Becker to supplement the additions of Naby Keita, Fabinho and Xherdan Shaqiri.

Given that Liverpool also broke the world record for a central defender (£75m) to sign Virgil van Dijk from Southampton, it has left their rivals — specifically the Manchester clubs — to ask questions about comments Klopp made in July 2016 while in Los Angeles.

Shortly after Manchester United paid £89.3million for Paul Pogba, Klopp said: 'Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players. I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money.'

Klopp raised a smile when the subject was raised ahead of Liverpool's opening International Champions Cup game against Borussia Dortmund but he was firm in his response and made it clear criticism from elsewhere will have no effect.

'We don't care what the world around us is thinking, like Manchester United didn't care what I said,' said Klopp. 'It is only an opinion in that moment. Did I change my opinion? Yes. That is true. But it is better to change your opinion than never have one. That is it.

'Whatever people say about that and bring it up again and again, I have had worse days in my life and worse things. I am fine with that. All good. We have the players we wanted.

'That is the problem these days. Whatever bull**** you say, nobody will forget it! But on the other side, it is still kind of true. I couldn't imagine the world would change like that two years ago. £100m was a crazy number. Since then the world has changed completely.'

Nowhere has that been more evident than Anfield. At the end of the 2016-17 season, Liverpool's club transfer record remained the £35million that was lavished on Andy Carroll in January 2011. Since then, though, Klopp has gone beyond that fee for players SIX times.

Mohamed Salah (£36.9m), Alex Oxlade Chamberlain (£40m) and Van Dijk (£75m), arrived last season, with Keita (£52.5m), Fabinho (£43.7m) and Alisson (£65m) following on this summer. Klopp, though, believes such figures will now become the norm.

Lol that's a perfect example of hating

Lol I'm a ozil fan I think it's the cool thing to criticse him.

In big games I don't think it depended on him I think it was more of an arsenal issue.
View attachment 60369
View attachment 60371

Big matches need more than Ozil stepping up. Arsenal players on a whole don't step their game up and take charge of matches - it's easy throwing Ozil under the bus when you're ignoring his stats.

Last edited:
Just finished reading the full Ozil statement. Looks like Germany are still as racist as ever - fair play for telling them to fuck off. His best days might be falling behind him but they will miss him.

Lolverpool to win the league this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back