Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like pogba but if bro really wants to leave let blood leave.
Left juventus for us which is a guaranteed title every season and came to a shit show.

Madrid gotta cough up them duckets tho and keep their fuck ass lame horse players

Pep and Zidane were both mega successful and neither had the experience Lamps has with a second division team. Conte got the Juve job after he got promoted with Siena.

I'm not sayin' Lamps is guaranteed to do well but there are plenty managers who have succeeded at big clubs without mad experience.

Last edited:
I have faith in Lamps...Chelsea really needs a top striker though that's dependable (i.e. non-injury prone), lethal (i.e. high shot conversion), good hold up play and consistent (i.e. not 0 goals for 2 games then hat-trick in the game 3, but rather a goal every game instead).

Can Giroud do that? can Tammy Abraham be that guy? or is it round 2 for morata and call him back from his loan?

If you get that main striker then everything else should fall into place.

Personally, with the transfer ban and the amount of young players Chelsea have on loan...there is no better time for Frankie Lampard to come in. As long as he has a word with Roman, which I read he already has...

Although Chelsea have won consistent trophy’s they are similar to UTD in they have no real direction...sacking managers has become an expensive bad habit. They need a plan and to give a manager time to build.

At the moment unfortunately, Liverpool is the blueprint. It’s taken Klopp 4 years to get to where he is now but he has rebuilt that team. Bought and sold wisely.

I’m sorry but Pep don’t count. He’s walked in to at least half those players and has unlimited cash to add galaticos if needs be.

I would rather lampard prove himself and not get the job because he was a legend.

Can we not start a project with an established manager?

What's Ajax's manager up too? @Hundredeyes have a word with hin

Personally, with the transfer ban and the amount of young players Chelsea have on loan...there is no better time for Frankie Lampard to come in. As long as he has a word with Roman, which I read he already has...

Although Chelsea have won consistent trophy’s they are similar to UTD in they have no real direction...sacking managers has become an expensive bad habit. They need a plan and to give a manager time to build.

At the moment unfortunately, Liverpool is the blueprint. It’s taken Klopp 4 years to get to where he is now but he has rebuilt that team. Bought and sold wisely.

I’m sorry but Pep don’t count. He’s walked in to at least half those players and has unlimited cash to add galaticos if needs be.

Klopp has 100% control at Liverpool no manager would get that at Chelsea

Like I said before, I would rather he stay at Derby for at least another year. I think more experience is needed. Right now Chelsea is too much of a unknown because of the transfer ban. You don’t want to walk into something like that with only one year of experience.

Klopp has 100% control at Liverpool no manager would get that at Chelsea

If that's the case then Fat Frank is doomed on arrival.

Klopp and the Lolverpool board have been intelligent and patient and now they're reaping the rewards - Abramovich is anything but patient. I actually hope Fat Frank does well but Chelski isn't the one for him. He came close with Derby - he should build off that and get them in the Prem.

Klopp's first game in charge of Liverpool was against Spurs at White Hart Lane back in Oct 2015 (so almost 4 years ago).
His line-up for the game was this:

Liverpool’s starting XI v Spurs: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Leiva, Can, Milner, Lallana (replaced by Allen), Coutinho (replaced by Ibe), Origi
Subs: Toure, Allen, Ibe, Bogdan, Sinclair, Vilaca Teixeira, Randall

Majority of those players are gone!!!
And of those that still remain, not one those players with the exception of Milner would make the first XI now. For example, Klopp's last game in charge of Liverpool ironically against Spurs in Champs League final line-up:

Liverpool’s starting XI v Spurs: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum (replaced by Milner), Salah, Firminho (replaced by Origi), Mane (replaced by Gomez)
Subs: Lovren, Milner, Gomez, Sturridge, Moreno, Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mignolet, Shaqiri, Brewster, Origi, Kelleher

If that's the case the Fat Frank is doomed on arrival.

Klopp and the Lolverpool board have been intelligent and patient and now they're reaping the rewards - Abramovich is anything but patient. I actually hope Fat Frank does well but Chelski isn't the one for him. He came close with Derby - he should build off that and get them in the Prem.

Let's not forget this Liverpool board set up rodgers and we all going to criticise Abram compare Chelsea success to Liverpool's

Let's not forget this Liverpool board set up rodgers and we all going to criticise Abram compare Chelsea success to Liverpool's

I wasn’t comparing, just saying moving forward Liverpool have set the blueprint in team rebuilds. What’s funny is Klopp hasn’t changed his style of play from Germany. He just needed to get the players in which is what Ole has got to do...we’ve seen Frank’s style of play at Derby too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back