Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd8184f2858c06f1e3811716c909a0e8.gif

New Arsenal boss Unai Emery lays down Golden Boot challenge for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and plans to use Stephan Lichtsteiner as mouthpiece in the dressing room

Emery took over from Arsene Wenger knowing two things would be integral to cementing Arsenal's place back into the top four of the Premier League after consecutive finishes in the positions below.

Firstly, goals and plenty of them. Only Alexis Sanchez and Robin van Persie have scored 20 or more in a single Premier League season for Arsenal over the last decade.

Sanchez's haul of 24 goals came two seasons ago, while Van Persie's total of 30 won him the Golden Boot in the 2011-12 campaign.

Emery has set Aubameyang the target of doing what he did in the Bundesliga last year, when he scored 31 goals to become the division's top scorer.

'Yes,' Emery said when asked if Aubameyang should be challenging for the Golden Boot.

'I want strikers who have the possibilities to go for goal, I want to give them more options to attack.'

But one of Emery's first moves as Arsenal manager was to sign right-back Lichtsteiner, 34, on a free transfer from Juventus.

And Emery revealed how the multiple Serie A winner, two-time Champions League finalist and long-serving Switzerland international is someone who is helping inspire the players and keep his message fresh.

'You are working, thinking, in the present and the future,' said Emery.

'The past is good but it's finished. This morning we were talking with the team and it was the moment for Lichtsteiner to speak.

'Maybe he is the player with us who has won the most titles. But after that we start with a new way. Remember your titles from a big career, but this is a new way to try to win more.'

New Arsenal boss Unai Emery lays down Golden Boot challenge for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and plans to use Stephan Lichtsteiner as mouthpiece in the dressing room

Emery took over from Arsene Wenger knowing two things would be integral to cementing Arsenal's place back into the top four of the Premier League after consecutive finishes in the positions below.

Firstly, goals and plenty of them. Only Alexis Sanchez and Robin van Persie have scored 20 or more in a single Premier League season for Arsenal over the last decade.

Sanchez's haul of 24 goals came two seasons ago, while Van Persie's total of 30 won him the Golden Boot in the 2011-12 campaign.

Emery has set Aubameyang the target of doing what he did in the Bundesliga last year, when he scored 31 goals to become the division's top scorer.

'Yes,' Emery said when asked if Aubameyang should be challenging for the Golden Boot.

'I want strikers who have the possibilities to go for goal, I want to give them more options to attack.'

But one of Emery's first moves as Arsenal manager was to sign right-back Lichtsteiner, 34, on a free transfer from Juventus.

And Emery revealed how the multiple Serie A winner, two-time Champions League finalist and long-serving Switzerland international is someone who is helping inspire the players and keep his message fresh.

'You are working, thinking, in the present and the future,' said Emery.

'The past is good but it's finished. This morning we were talking with the team and it was the moment for Lichtsteiner to speak.

'Maybe he is the player with us who has won the most titles. But after that we start with a new way. Remember your titles from a big career, but this is a new way to try to win more.'

If his form continues and is consistent for the entire campaign he could easily bag 25-30 goals.

It was a solid Lima derby, Alianza Lima drew 1-1 with Universitario de Deportes. Watch starting at 4:15, scrap between our guy Quevedo vs Benincasa, bunch of police had to separate the two. Benincasa was like meet me outside

Really looking forward to watching Liverpool today. My boy Naby Keita is finally in the big leagues. Cant wait to see him dominate.

He was runnning thru Spurs like he is a Brazilian. But the shooting was off, bad.
Yo, dude should have scored at 1:46, but he had that "Lukaku First Touch". His dribbling and defensive work rate really shine, i guess those reps at Left Back really paid off.

Tottenham FINALLY win a trophy as Mauricio Pochettino's side claim 2018 International Champions Cup

• Tottenham have been confirmed as 2018 International Champions Cup winners
  • Spurs haven't won a major trophy since 2008 but claimed pre-season silverware
  • They beat Roma and AC Milan either side of a 2-2 draw with Barcelona in July
4F07973600000578-0-image-a-2_1534024419334.jpg

The tournament's official Twitter account tweeted out a message of congratulations to Spurs.

It read: 'What a tournament it has been! Congratulations, @SpursOfficial, you are this year's International Champions Cup winners! Well done to all the teams involved. It's been a blast. See you in 2019!'

This was the sixth edition of the International Champions Cup, with Barcelona, PSG (twice), Manchester United and Real Madrid the former winners.

Tottenham will hope to follow up their triumph with a major trophy this season, which began on Saturday with a 2-1 win at Newcastle in the Premier League.

Their last major success was a League Cup victory in 2008. Since then they have reached two more League Cup finals and four FA Cup semis.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-trophy-2018-International-Champions-Cup.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back