Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scholes was one of a number of former United players who publicly voiced a displeasure at the job Mourinho was doing as his tenure at Old Trafford hurtled towards a sour end after two years.

But the 44-year-old has now had a taste of how hard management can be first-hand and fans joked on social media he may be forced to eat some humble pie after quitting his job this week.

Twitter feeds quickly became an echo chamber for laughing Mourinho GIFs and posts about how the Portuguese boss will react to Scholes' departure.

11025174-0-image-a-1_1552641765476.jpg

11025172-0-image-a-2_1552642790846.jpg

These fucking United muthafuckas smdh. The sucka quit after one month but was talking shit about a person who actually helped win trophies for United. LoL foh

Pep Guardiola believes he has to win the Champions League at Manchester City or he will be judged a failure.

The Catalan coach won the trophy twice during his time at Barcelona and has guided City to the quarterfinals this year where they will face Premier League rivals Tottenham following Friday's draw.

But despite winning three Bundesliga titles during his three years at Bayern Munich, Guardiola said his time in Germany is viewed as a failure and he believes it will be the same for his career at City, irrespective of domestic success.

"I was judged in Munich like that, and I will be judged here," Guardiola told a news conference ahead of Saturday's FA Cup clash with Swansea City (live at 1:20 p.m. ET on ESPN+). "They said in Munich I would be judged for not getting to finals.

"My standards are high, but the players, the club, the fans, if we are consistent, and humble doing what we do. I have to accept we won a lot in the past and people believe it's normal, it's not normal.

"Just qualifying for the Champions League is incredible success. There are six teams through in Europe. Two of them will not be in the Champions League [next season], just being there is a success, through the group a success.

"I don't think I'm Pep so I have to win everything, it's only if we don't put everything in to try it. When we are in these positions, there are not many complaints. When I speak with my chairman and CEO there is credit for what we've done.

"After that everyone can judge, people can say it's a failure but what can I do. Accept it and move on."

Banter and hate aside, it's great for the EPL to have all 6 of the cartel clubs in the quarterfinals of both European competitions.

Hopefully it's a return of that 2000-2010 dominance.

Yeah it would good to have an all English final again... United/City or United/Liverpool final would be madness haha

Lol @ how little we’ve spent in the last 3 decades.

Funny seeing spurs crop up in 06ish and still ain’t got a single trophy to show for it.

We’re a budget club but still perform above our grade in the grand scheme of things.

Smh at the Chelsea/city oil injection money lol

Very interesting video on transfers spending

Chelsea had to break the bank to be competitive but United isn't far away

the way chelsea came out the woodworks from 04 was hilarious!

also it just goes to show Liverpool been spending over the last 20 years, they've not been able to buy the success that comes with it like most other clubs i.e. inefficient use of funds

BOGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(This Sampdoria vs Sassuolo game is LIT. 3 goals have literally been scored in the last 3 mins.)

Why am I still subscribed to Eleven Sport? They lost Serie A matches and they're not showimg the Real v Celta Vigo match due to the 3pm blackout.

"Had a spark when you started, but now you're just garbage."

Theo 30???? Fuck.

I remember bein' in like yr 11 the year he went to the WC.

I was still in uni when we signed him. I remember asking another Arsenal fan in a pub about him because I knew absolutely nothing about him - I was told the hype was real and he was worth the price we paid for him...

I was still in uni when we signed him. I remember asking another Arsenal fan in a pub about him because I knew absolutely nothing about him - I was told the hype was real and he was worth the price we paid for him...

For my people it was the first proper realisation that none of us would make it. Brudda a school year above us and goin' WC smh we spend the whole summer chillin' on the same street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back