Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, is this supposed to be a “pew pew”? 3rd would big a great outcome after the freaking crazy offseason we have had. Dude, we have won the title 2 of the last 4 season, a 3rd place this season will not make me sad, sorry.
Rest assured I'll have a few Kepa jokes this season

Let's see how blocks kepa has before that happens
Since @Northside7 was not man enough, would u like to make the bet he refused to make? Loser leaves town.

If Chelsea finishes ahead of Spurs, u don’t post a single word in the 2019-2020 thread and same applies to me if Spurs finishes ahead of Chelsea.

That’s not really much to give up, don’t be chicken.

Well damn Manchester United

Manchester United have been accused of pressuring staff into misleading fans about the availability of tickets in an attempt to sell memberships.

Sportsmail can reveal that existing members calling for tickets have been told that none are available, yet at the same time tickets are being offered as an inducement to other supporters to sign up for a membership scheme.

The advert for membership packages - costing £32 for adults and £22 for children - on United's official website promises 'exclusive access to home match tickets'. However, Sportsmail has seen a confidential email to sales staff instructing them to withhold tickets from members and offer them to non-members.

Sent on June 15, it states: 'Until further notice any available tickets can only be sold to supporters who are purchasing a new membership, in order to create and drive further membership sales.

'When speaking to supporters you MUST first establish if they are a member before discussing ticket availability.

'If the supporter is an existing official member then you must advise them that we have currently sold out of tickets and advise them to register their interest online.

Jose just needs a couple of warriors like lucio and other killers he used to have in his squads...his third year now and man u still got fuckboys in defense...pretty sure Jose would trade in Pogs for Van Dijk in a heartbeat...

But whose fault is it that United have "fuckboys" in defense tho? Woodward isn't just buying randos and giving them to Mourinho. Linedelof for example had to be ok'd by Jose.

Shits is insane:

Chelsea copped Kepa for 80 mill €...

Eredivisie all clubs combined have spent 71 mill €...

How are we ever going to compete in the CL again? Smh

Make the Eredivisie great again!

Seriously though that shit is sad. I always enjoyed the Eredivisie and it's sad to see it fall behind.

But whose fault is it that United have "fuckboys" in defense tho? Woodward isn't just buying randos and giving them to Mourinho. Linedelof for example had to be ok'd by Jose.

Make the Eredivisie great again!

Seriously though that shit is sad. I always enjoyed the Eredivisie and it's sad to see it fall behind.

You blaming one of 2 defenders he signed? The rest been there for how long now.

@Hundredeyes is right. You guys dislike mou so much man. Research the mans past squads and you will see where his successes are.

Ed looking like a novice out chyea.

Last edited:
Manchester is actually a nice place, just as nice London imo... Like every place it as schitt areas, but its well known for its culture and arts too...

Spurs have finally made their first signing of the window...

A sweeper

young_blonde_polish_road_sweeper_10.jpg

:haa:

Brain injury expert calls for ban on heading in football

Heading a football should be restricted in the professional game and banned for those under the age of 18, according to one of the world's leading experts on brain injuries.

Dr Bennet Omalu discovered the brain disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE).

The condition has long-term effects and is caused by repeated head trauma.

"It does not make sense to control an object travelling at a high velocity with your head," Dr Omalu said.

"I believe, eventually, at the professional level we need to restrict heading of the ball. It is dangerous."

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 live's Phil Williams programme, Omalu added: "No child under the age of 18 should be heading the ball in soccer.

"Kids under the age of 12 to 14 should play a less contact form of soccer which we should develop for them. Kids between 12 and 18 can play but should not head the ball.

"I know this is difficult for many people but science evolves. We change with time. Society changes. It is time for us to change some of our ways."

An inquest into the death of former England and West Brom footballer Jeff Astle ruled he died from brain trauma caused by heading heavy leather footballs.

He died in 2004, aged 72, after suffering with Alzheimer's for almost 10 years following his 16-year football career.

On Wednesday, his daughter Dawn repeated calls for the game to investigate possible links between CTE and the heading of footballs.

"This is fact now. We are not just assuming other players may have died of the same illness as Dad, this is now fact," said Dawn.

Her latest comments come after the death of Rod Taylor, a former wing-half for Portsmouth, Gillingham and Bournemouth, who died in April having suffered from the condition.

His daughter Rachel Walden told the BBC heading the ball should not be banned but instead the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) and the Football Association (FA) should to do more to help support former players and their families.

"My father's dementia was caused by heading the ball and concussions," she said. "We can't wait for them to die before we start helping them. We need to start helping them now.

"We are not blaming the football clubs or the clubs that he played for. He was proud of all the clubs he played for. It's not about changing the game, it's about trying to get the PFA to take responsibility for their members in their hour of need."

Several high-profile ex-players have been diagnosed with dementia, including 1966 England World Cup winners Nobby Stiles, Martin Peters and Ray Wilson, Liverpool legends Ron Yeats and Tommy Smith and Celtic's European Cup-winning captain Billy McNeill.

Speaking about the effect heading a football has on the head, Omalu said: "The human brain floats like a balloon inside your skull so when you head the ball you suffer brain damage. You damage your brain when you head the ball.

"Playing soccer would increase your risk of suffering brain damage when you are much older and developing dementia and CTE."

There have been a number of moves across professional sport to combat head injuries.

Concussion substitutes have been introduced to county cricket this summer, allowing teams to replace a player who has concussion or suspected concussion, while rugby union chiefs introduced an eight-point action plan in March to make the sport safer.

I fear that’s a wrap for UTD transfer window.

I mean unless we get Toby or Maguire today any signing is a panic buy and probably not worth it.

This means Jose will be moaning, making our players feel like there not good enough and lose the dressing room.

It’s gonna be a long season.

I fear that’s a wrap for UTD transfer window.

I mean unless we get Toby or Maguire today any signing is a panic buy and probably not worth it.

This means Jose will be moaning, making our players feel like there not good enough and lose the dressing room.

It’s gonna be a long season.

You have to question what's the boards objectives are.

Just as nice as London ?????????? Lol

Uhhh yeah, have you been to Manchester??? Central London/tourist London is real nice and it has history, but the 'real' London is getting like NY in the 80s and early 90s, there seems to be bodies dropping or people getting hit or cut every day, I have to try keep a leech on my younger nephews and cousins... The problem is London is so small, areas clash so easily, when areas are beefing it can be short walk or cycle to the opps... Why do you think most of the players at London clubs live outside of London???

Uhhh yeah, have you been to Manchester??? Central London/tourist London is real nice and it has history, but the 'real' London is getting like NY in the 80s and early 90s, there seems to be bodies dropping or people getting hit or cut every day, I have to try keep a leech on my younger nephews and cousins... The problem is London is so small, areas clash so easily, when areas are beefing it can be short walk or cycle to the opps... Why do you think most of the players at London clubs live outside of London???

You are aware the murder rate in Manchester is higher than London? London has more people than Manchester but by person Manchester is higher don't fit the in the daily mail narative. London is only reported because the narative the media wants to sell you that immigration and diversity doesn't work

You are aware the murder rate in Manchester is higher than London? London has more people than Manchester but by person Manchester is higher don't fit the in the daily mail narrative. London is only reported because the narrative the media wants to sell you that immigration and diversity doesn't work

I dont even read the papers or pay attention to them because they all seem to have an agenda, the best place to get a reading is to actually be around and I know how fckd up the City is atm and I have family out there and speak youn'uns out there and I try and give advice/help so they move more sensibly, because I know or HOPE when they get to my age the will realise how important decisions are and it click what Ive said made sense...

London is so much smaller then bigger Cities, like I said areas that beef have to just walk to the opps, Manchester is huge in comparison... The country has gone mad tbh gun and knife crime seems at an all time high, without saying too much, when I was 'younger' and acting a fool, schitt did not seem anywhere near as bad...

A quick Goggle see that MET Police investigate TWICE as many murders then the Greater Manchester Police...
SOURCE:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...s-spate-of-killings-compare-with-other-cities

https://www.citymetric.com/horizons/what-uk-s-worst-city-3216

I dont even read the papers or pay attention to them because they all seem to have an agenda, the best place to get a reading is to actually be around and I know how fckd up the City is atm and I have family out there and speak youn'uns out there and I try and give advice/help so they move more sensibly, because I know or HOPE when they get to my age the will realise how important decisions are and it click what Ive said made sense...

London is so much smaller then bigger Cities, like I said areas that beef have to just walk to the opps, Manchester is huge in comparison... The country has gone mad tbh gun and knife crime seems at an all time high, without saying too much, when I was 'younger' and acting a fool, schitt did not seem anywhere near as bad...

A quick Goggle see that MET Police investigate TWICE as many murders then the Greater Manchester Police...
SOURCE:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...s-spate-of-killings-compare-with-other-cities

https://www.citymetric.com/horizons/what-uk-s-worst-city-3216
Because london has a far superior population lol come on man

Because london has a far superior population lol come on man

And London is alot smaller, which is what Im saying intensifies the violence...

Anyway, all this started by saying Manchester is a nice place, obviously if you go the all trap houses you prolly wont have fun... But as a place to live and visit, other than the weather its dope... Ive always found people up north alot more friendly the people down South lol Go on the train or subway/underground in London and people are moody as hell... Plus a short trip you can visit the country side of Yorkshire and Lake District etc

When its all said and done I wouldnt move up North, Im too used to living here, but this 'thing' about players not wanting to live up North and wanting to live in London is dumb, imo...

Which is better London or Manchester???
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/...rticles/Which-is-better-London-or-Manchester/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back