Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the highlights from yesterday’s game. We won but I still don’t have any faith in us beating Liverpool on Sunday.

Pochettino says he needs 10 YEARS to fix Tottenham's mentality as he bemoans their lack of desire after Burnley setback

10329330-6748733-image-a-1_1551219234362.jpg

'If you lose you cannot say afterwards you are a real contender. In the last 10 or 12 games of the season, you have to be strong and dominate all the aspects of the game if you want to show you are a real contender.

'What we showed on Saturday was that we are a good team, that we have good quality, but that is not enough to win a title like the Premier League.

'That's the reality. The players think the same. If you're not capable of beating Burnley when you are going for the title, then it's impossible to think that you are going to win the title.

'The reality today is it's going to be tough to win the Premier League, but because of us - not because Liverpool are much better or another team are much better. I am so frustrated because we didn't show more attitude than Burnley, we didn't show more energy than Burnley, we didn't show more ambition than them when we are fighting for the Premier League. That is what worried me.'

'It's easy to go to Chelsea and be motivated to play, and play against Arsenal or Borussia Dortmund,' he said. 'That's easy, you don't need a manager to tell you that, because that's normal. But you play for the Premier League in the big games like Burnley.

'The pitch is dry, the changing room is not so big like at Wembley - but you need to respect and the way you respect is to go there and show more ambition, more attitude, more capacity to fight and we did not.

'If we don't have the will to show that, then we don't deserve more. It's to be honest with ourselves, not to find an excuse.

'That is what is holding us back. My worry is to change that is not only five years' work, maybe it is 10 years' work.

'Of course, I have told my players this. They know very well - I told them before, during and after the game.

'I am not upset with them. I am only so surprised that we cannot build that feeling that the game (against Burnley) was going to be the most important game.'

Pochettino says he needs 10 YEARS to fix Tottenham's mentality as he bemoans their lack of desire after Burnley setback

'If you lose you cannot say afterwards you are a real contender. In the last 10 or 12 games of the season, you have to be strong and dominate all the aspects of the game if you want to show you are a real contender.

'What we showed on Saturday was that we are a good team, that we have good quality, but that is not enough to win a title like the Premier League.

'That's the reality. The players think the same. If you're not capable of beating Burnley when you are going for the title, then it's impossible to think that you are going to win the title.

'The reality today is it's going to be tough to win the Premier League, but because of us - not because Liverpool are much better or another team are much better. I am so frustrated because we didn't show more attitude than Burnley, we didn't show more energy than Burnley, we didn't show more ambition than them when we are fighting for the Premier League. That is what worried me.'

'It's easy to go to Chelsea and be motivated to play, and play against Arsenal or Borussia Dortmund,' he said. 'That's easy, you don't need a manager to tell you that, because that's normal. But you play for the Premier League in the big games like Burnley.

'The pitch is dry, the changing room is not so big like at Wembley - but you need to respect and the way you respect is to go there and show more ambition, more attitude, more capacity to fight and we did not.

'If we don't have the will to show that, then we don't deserve more. It's to be honest with ourselves, not to find an excuse.

'That is what is holding us back. My worry is to change that is not only five years' work, maybe it is 10 years' work.

'Of course, I have told my players this. They know very well - I told them before, during and after the game.

'I am not upset with them. I am only so surprised that we cannot build that feeling that the game (against Burnley) was going to be the most important game.'
just don't be a Tottenham fan because they're trash lol

Fucking pathetic.

LoL @ United fans and their "fears".

Unfortunately United will win this game.
We have an injury crisis. Anyone who thinks we're just going to roll over Palace especially with Alexis and Lukaku playing like they are is mad.

Was supposed to go to the game tonight but thankfully can't make it so going Southampton on Saturday instead

We have an injury crisis. Anyone who thinks we're just going to roll over Palace especially with Alexis and Lukaku playing like they are is mad.

Was supposed to go to the game tonight but thankfully can't make it so going Southampton on Saturday instead

Where you based fam, Manchester?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back