Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ole will have his work cut against Palace, I dont want him to rush anyone back from injury but clearly dont wanna lose either...
One of those banana skins that could trip you up if you take your eye off the ball. With the injuries and the come down of emotion after facing Liverpool, along with Palace getting a big win I'm more worried about this game than Liverpool

One of those banana skins that could trip you up if you take your eye off the ball. With the injuries and the come down of emotion after facing Liverpool, along with Palace getting a big win I'm more worried about this game than Liverpool

Yeah I wouldnt say Im more worried then the Liverpool game but its defo a potential banana skin, especially with Palace coming off a big win... Im glad to here Gomes has been training with the first team...

i feel like the job is beneath him, but fair play to leicester city....Brendan Rodgers is a top coach
Beneath him? A club that won the PL 3 seasons ago is beneath a man whose claim to fame is winning a one horse race in Scotland? Come on bruh Brodge should thank whatever god he prays to that he's got this opportunity. He has some good young players to work with too.

Beneath him? A club that won the PL 3 seasons ago is beneath a man whose claim to fame is winning a one horse race in Scotland? Come on bruh Brodge should thank whatever god he prays to that he's got this opportunity. He has some good young players to work with too.

what people often forget is that most "experts" including the bookies had Leicester as being one of the favorites to get relegated that season they won the league. So what they did was miracle of miracles and should be commended for it. But that still doesn't make them a top club.

but let's put some things into perspective: if not for a Gerrard slip, Brendan would probably be a premier league winner right now. also it was only last season that he was linked to the Arsenal job too so he ain't no scrub even though he's been managing in a shitty league.

Leicester does have some good youth to work with like Grai and Iheancho, I just think he could have easily waited for an opportunity and gotten a better job than Leicester

Lol Rodgers did more than great with Swansea man, fam looks like a damn madame tussaud statue now for some reason but fam earned his prem stripes.

TBH bro

Im only familiar with the "famous" clubs

Man City
Man U
Real Madrid
Barcelona

Im purposely trying to watch as much as I can to form my own opinion lol

Ive never been a bandwagon fan and wont start now

Yo what state you from? Just wondering if you watch or go to any MLS games.

Also you reppin for team USA or do you have any other countries you might support, based on your cultural background.

what people often forget is that most "experts" including the bookies had Leicester as being one of the favorites to get relegated that season they won the league. So what they did was miracle of miracles and should be commended for it. But that still doesn't make them a top club.

but let's put some things into perspective: if not for a Gerrard slip, Brendan would probably be a premier league winner right now. also it was only last season that he was linked to the Arsenal job too so he ain't no scrub even though he's been managing in a shitty league.

Leicester does have some good youth to work with like Grai and Iheancho, I just think he could have easily waited for an opportunity and gotten a better job than Leicester
We can't do the coulda shoulda wouldas man. The club has achieved greater honours than he ever has. What better job could Rodgers get? He's still viewed as damaged goods in England for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Leicester is a good fit for him to prove himself again but I can't see what bigger club would have come in for him

U.S. Soccer has invited South America’s 10 soccer federations to bring their national teams to the United States in 2020 for a new intercontinental championship that would run concurrently with that summer’s European Championship.

The offer, a package that includes almost $200 million in guarantees to the invited teams and their governing bodies, was made Tuesday in a letter from U.S. Soccer’s president, Carlos Cordeiro, to his counterparts at the 10 South American federations. For the past year, soccer officials across the Americas have held discussions about creating a quadrennial tournament involving national teams from both continents, but with no agreement in sight, U.S. Soccer, eager to fill a gap in the global soccer calendar and bearing an enticing nine-figure offer, is now proposing to establish its own.

In the letter, Cordeiro said U.S. Soccer was offering to underwrite the new event and guarantee each nation — and both confederations — millions of dollars in appearance fees, subsidized travel and bonuses for each point earned. The champions could take home a prize of more than $11 million. Cordeiro has invited the South Americans to a meeting to discuss the proposal next week in Miami.

The proposed 16-team tournament would resemble, in structure though most likely not in name, the 2016 Copa América Centenario. That tournament, a relocated version of the South American championship — expanded to celebrate the event’s 100th anniversary — brought the 10 members of the South American confederation, Conmebol, to the United States for a month to face off not only against one another, but also a half-dozen opponents from Concacaf, the regional confederation made up of North and Central America and the Caribbean.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/26/sports/us-soccer-copa-america-conmebol.html

The only job better than Leicester is Chelsea..

Silva is not leaving Everton. Wolves are keeping their manager. He wouldn’t get the UTD job. Unless Emery walks, he stays at Arsenal.

And is Chelsea a job that’s safe and a job you’ll get time at? And their players run tings so it’s not really a better job imo.

Maybe if Poch leaves he might have got Spurs. I don’t see Poch coming to UTD but he could go Madrid.

Leicester is a good look for Rogers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back