Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
'I don't feel it's an honour to play at Wembley anymore': Danny Rose admits stadium has lost its lustre after Spurs post lowest league attendance
  • Tottenham's game against Southampton had an attendance of just 33,012
  • Spurs have been playing at Wembley for over a year as they wait for new ground
  • And Danny Rose believes it is no longer nice to play at Wembley after the wait
The England international played in the win against Southampton on Wednesday night in front of a sparse crowd. Just 33,012 fans were there, compared with the 38,947 at the Newport FA Cup game last season.

The national stadium holds 90,000 but most Spurs matches are restricted to 51,000 due to Brent Council restrictions. On Wednesday night, there were 57,000 empty seats.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...y-Wembley-Spurs-lowest-league-attendance.html

'I don't feel it's an honour to play at Wembley anymore': Danny Rose admits stadium has lost its lustre after Spurs post lowest league attendance
  • Spurs have been playing at Wembley for over a year as they wait for new ground
  • And Danny Rose believes it is no longer nice to play at Wembley after the wait
The England international played in the win against Southampton on Wednesday night in front of a sparse crowd. Just 33,012 fans were there, compared with the 38,947 at the Newport FA Cup game last season.

The national stadium holds 90,000 but most Spurs matches are restricted to 51,000 due to Brent Council restrictions. On Wednesday night, there were 57,000 empty seats.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...y-Wembley-Spurs-lowest-league-attendance.html

I think its obvious a stadium that is meant for finals and the national team, a place not every player gets to play at during their career, would lose its magic if you're playing their every other week...

Wembley has got Tottingham stink all over it now. Of course it was going to lose its allure.

I think its obvious a stadium that is meant for finals and the national team, a place not every player gets to play at during their career, would lose its magic if you're playing their every other week...

The FA are insistent on renting it out for every single event as well after they overspent on rebuilding it. I still think FA Cup semi-finals shouldn't be played there - spread the competition around the country and let them be played at neutral grounds like it used to be.

Alianza Lima tied it up fuck yeah! 5-5 aggregate but FBC Melgar goes on to league final as they scored more away goals i think damnit

The FA are insistent on renting it out for every single event as well after they overspent on rebuilding it. I still think FA Cup semi-finals shouldn't be played there - spread the competition around the country and let them be played at neutral grounds like it used to be.

Yeah, agree... I like the fact England have been playing friendlies away from Wembley too, England seems to be seen as a London team... I mean who wants to travel 6,7,8 hours to watch England???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back