Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelona have become the first sports team in history with average first-team pay in excess of £10m a year, according to the latest Global Sports Salary Survey, which also shows the extent to which wages are spiralling across all sports.

This season the Spanish champions will pay its 23-man squad an average of £10.45m, before bonuses, a figure that has risen by a third since 2017-18. Much of that is down to signing Lionel Messi to a new deal that pays him in excess of £50m a year, although signing Phillippe Coutinho, Arthur, Malcom and Arturo Vidal, and handing Gerard Piqué, Sergi Roberto, Samuel Umtiti and Sergio Busquets lucrative extensions has also significantly swollen the payroll.

Real Madrid are second in the GSS survey – which tracks pay in 349 teams across eight sports in 13 countries – with its first-team players earning an average of £8.1m a year. The next six spots are filled by NBA teams, with the Oklahoma Thunder in third (£7.85m) and the Golden State Warriors (£7.82m) in fourth.

Manchester United (£6.53m) are the highest British club in the survey in 10th, one spot behind Juventus who have leapt from 32nd place to ninth after signing Cristiano Ronaldo. Manchester City (£5.93m) are the next highest Premier League club in 20th position, with Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool all in the top 40.

Screenshot_20181125-204403~2.png
Screenshot_20181125-204433.png

Screenshot_20181125-204423~2.png

@Hundredeyes
COME GET YOUR BOY!!!!!!!!

Geezer still dropping more heat than the majority of US rappers out here.

FlakyThornyLark.webp

Jose Mourinho has reignited his interest in Borussia Dortmund midfielder Axel Witsel, with sources telling ESPN FC that the Manchester United manager's trip to Belgium during the international break centred around scouting the 29-year-old.

Everton manager Marco Silva has said he wants Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes to stay at the club on a permanent deal. The 25-year-old is on loan, but Silva insisted he doesn't want to make too much noise about a possible move as it might raise his price.

It's not a massive shock to see Manchester United linked with Sampdoria starlet Joachim Andersen... they've been linked with most other young centre-backs after all. Calciomercato report that both United and Tottenham scouts watched the 22-year-old on Sunday vs. Genoa and are mulling a £25m move.

Last edited:

It's Cyber Monday, so presumably AC Milan are conducting their transfer business entirely online today in a bid to wrap up deals for THREE Chelsea players.

Cesc Fabregas Gary Cahill and Andreas Christensen are the trio involved as Radio Rossonera reports that Milan sporting director Leonardo is working on January deals to bring them all to San Siro.

Last edited:
Jose Mourinho has reignited his interest in Borussia Dortmund midfielder Axel Witsel, with sources telling ESPN FC that the Manchester United manager's trip to Belgium during the international break centred around scouting the 29-year-old.

I only believe this because it's a 29/30 year old player we're talking about lol

I only believe this because it's a 29/30 year old player we're talking about lol

I was talking about this with my cousin yesterday.

How that inter team he had was old but they was all Willing to die for him materazzi cried when he was leaving. Then you got players like depay who celebrates 5m followers with a freestyle.

I was talking about this with my cousin yesterday.

How that inter team he had was old but they was all Willing to die for him materazzi cried when he was leaving. Then you got players like depay who celebrates 5m followers with a freestyle.

Yeah that Inter team was something else...prime Sneijder, Eto O, Lucio etc... Man U players are some hoes now n Jose ain't really adapted to the times.

Gotta give it up for Memphis though, I remember when he was just a lil punk debuting for PSV. Mofo worked hard and is ballin now for club n country...

And yo Dumfries, aggyaf's Dutch cousin is a worldie in the making. Best believe he will be balling at a top tier club within 2 seasons. Already snatched that Club n national team starting spot.

MANCHESTER, England -- Jose Mourinho has told his Manchester United players to "stay at home" if they cannot handle the pressure of playing at Old Trafford.

United have won just three of their nine home games in all competitions this season, including a dire 0-0 draw with Crystal Palace on Saturday, but can book their place in the knockout phase of the Champions League with a win when Young Boys visit on Tuesday night.

"If you feel pressure, stay at home -- and when I say home I don't say stadium home, I say home home and watch on TV," Mourinho told a news conference. "When the people come to support, come on. I don't feel pressure to play at home.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchest...nited-need-to-handle-pressure-at-home-matches

LMAO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back