Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester City owner’s helicopter crashes in car park after match

• Fears for safety of Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha after crash
• Helicopter crashed shortly after take off from stadium

A helicopter believed to be carrying Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, Leicester City’s chairman, crashed outside the King Power Stadium following Leicester’s home draw with West Ham United on Saturday night.

The identity of the passengers is unknown and it is unclear if there were any survivors. The incident occurred around an hour after the final whistle. Eyewitnesses reported that the helicopter had crashed shortly after taking off from the pitch. It crashed in a nearby car park apparently after developing a fault. Emergency services rushed to the scene to tackle a huge fire.

There was confusion outside as security personnel attempted to restore order. Supporters in the area walked away in obvious distress and Kasper Schmeichel, Leicester’s goalkeeper, was seen in tears.

Srivaddhanaprabha, who bought the east Midlands club in 2010, is normally flown back to London after games. The backing of the Thai businessman, 60, helped Leicester win the Premier League title in 2016.

Leicestershire police said: “We are dealing with an incident in the vicinity of the King Power Stadium. Emergency services are aware and dealing.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/27/leicester-city-owners-helicopter-crash-car-park

Leicester City owner’s helicopter crashes in car park after match

• Fears for safety of Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha after crash
• Helicopter crashed shortly after take off from stadium

A helicopter believed to be carrying Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, Leicester City’s chairman, crashed outside the King Power Stadium following Leicester’s home draw with West Ham United on Saturday night.

The identity of the passengers is unknown and it is unclear if there were any survivors. The incident occurred around an hour after the final whistle. Eyewitnesses reported that the helicopter had crashed shortly after taking off from the pitch. It crashed in a nearby car park apparently after developing a fault. Emergency services rushed to the scene to tackle a huge fire.

There was confusion outside as security personnel attempted to restore order. Supporters in the area walked away in obvious distress and Kasper Schmeichel, Leicester’s goalkeeper, was seen in tears.

Srivaddhanaprabha, who bought the east Midlands club in 2010, is normally flown back to London after games. The backing of the Thai businessman, 60, helped Leicester win the Premier League title in 2016.

Leicestershire police said: “We are dealing with an incident in the vicinity of the King Power Stadium. Emergency services are aware and dealing.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/27/leicester-city-owners-helicopter-crash-car-park

If the owner was in the copter hopefully he ok but if not RIP to homes. Brought a huge amount of success to a true underdog team. I like to call Lcfc title winning season the miracle on filbert street, hopefully he miraclasly survives of wasn't on board.

Manchester City have added their name to the list of European sides interested in Boca Juniors midfielder Agustin Almendra. Barcelona have been keeping an eye on the teenager for some time, but are now joined by the Premier League club as well as Roma, according to Sport Mediaset.

Irish and black British/Caribbean usually have close relations because what was happening in the 80s

However I know in America it's very different because they went on to be police officers and judges

Theres loads of Irish in Jamaica too (i think they make up 25% of population in Jamaica) and they both have similar close family values too, even the accent and patios is pretty similar... Plus theres different types of Jamaican Guinness too haha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_people_in_Jamaica

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/...e-the-story-of-the-irish-in-jamaica-1.3225038

https://jamaicans.com/interesting-facts-irish-influence-jamaica/

Man Im gutted to hear about the Leicester helicopter crash, absolutely devastating scenes... So many famous and rich people seem to go out in a helicopter accidents, fck riding in one of them... The owner seemed like a real nice dude too, I think he used to drop a bottle of whiskey off at the fans family memorial area every game too...

Man Im gutted to hear about the Leicester helicopter crash, absolutely devastating scenes... So many famous and rich people seem to go out in a helicopter accidents, fck riding in one of them... The owner seemed like a real nice dude too, I think he used to drop a bottle of whiskey off at the fans family memorial area every game too...

Its truly some sad shit when you read the article and see the pictures.

Promoted back to the first division. Almost relegated. Win the premier league. Reach the quarter finals of the CL. And now the man behind all of that has passed away in a tragic accident. A rollercoaster of emotions.

And C/S about the rich and famous. Sitting in traffic is beneath them and bothersome.

Last edited:
LOL, i call bullshit. I had a girl who loves football (big Man Utd fan), that did not cover the fact she was crazy as fuck.

Lol girls like to play the I love sports. Once they have you the truth comes out and they complain at the sight of it

I dont care if its sexist but football imo is usually escapism from work and family life... Well when I say family, I mean moaning misses life lol Its like a rights of passage for dads to bond with their kids, family and mates... I hate seeing woman screaming and swearing like blokes at football acting like 'ladettes'...

Last edited:
Its truly some sad shit when you read the article and see the pictures.

Promoted back to the first division. Almost relegated. Win the premier league. Reach the quarter finals of the CL. And now the man behind all of that has pasted away in a tragic accident. A rollercoaster of emotions.

And C/S about the rich and famous. Sitting in traffic is beneath them and bothersome.

The Leicester story almost reads like a Shakespeare tragedy... MOTD was fckn eerie too, Lineker breaking the story about Glenn Hoddle and the helicopter crash was horrible and dramatic, especially as he is a Leicester fan and ex player...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back