Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

:yikes1:

I'll put my post in a spoiler so it won't be called a "titangraph"

If curry is "disappearing and his play goes down in the playoffs" despite his numbers being on par with what he's done in the regular season for years(the 2nd mvp season being exception that was peak curry). Then the same could be said about kobe

It doesn't make sense which is my point.You're just reacting in the moment which is what the internet does, overreact to everything

From watching him he looks fine he's just been missing shots people are accustomed to him making.He still goin to the rack and finishing they're guarding him tight,holding and doin whatever to keep him from hitting 3's

All greats get defended tighter in the playoffs but curry is a 6'3 guard who is not super quick,not super athletic his bread n butter is shooting 3's he is the system.Teams stop curry,warriors are beatable if he was out for the playoffs warriors wouldn't win the west.When durant goes off for 35 it's a 8-10 point lead.Curry goes off for 35+ teams get mopped,it opens up the whole floor/offense.

Jordan,shaq,kobe,lebron etc they can do more than curry they're bigger,stronger more physical players.curry aint built like that he can't do what they do

Cant call waiting to see a 3 year sample size over reacting.

I feel what you saying though, but im gonna disagree. Curry is considered to be on his way to be an all time great. That means he needs to be held to the standard of all time greats.

Im just gonna make my final point that Steph Curry is not as impactful in the playoffs as he is in the regular season. He still has his great moments like the 3rd quarter last night, but overall hes cant dominate in the playoffs consistently.

If he cant find other ways to get it done do to his stature, then he shouldnt be considered on the same level as the greats hes named with.

Only reason I say all this is because I hold Steph to that standard and I think he will be in the convo of one of the best players of his generation.

Like I said, numbers dont tell the whole story. Its like Lebron can go for 45 today and be the offense like he been doing but will actually be more impactful if he goes for 27 and gets those 27 in the flow of the offense while letting his teammates get into the flow too.

We can agree to disagree though.

And im a Curry fan. I want him to ball out and really get this Finals MVP this year.

Cant call waiting to see a 3 year sample size over reacting.

I feel what you saying though, but im gonna disagree. Curry is considered to be on his way to be an all time great. That means he needs to be held to the standard of all time greats.

Im just gonna make my final point that Steph Curry is not as impactful in the playoffs as he is in the regular season. He still has his great moments like the 3rd quarter last night, but overall hes cant dominate in the playoffs consistently.

If he cant find other ways to get it done do to his stature, then he shouldnt be considered on the same level as the greats hes named with.

Only reason I say all this is because I hold Steph to that standard and I think he will be in the convo of one of the best players of his generation.

Like I said, numbers dont tell the whole story. Its like Lebron can go for 45 today and be the offense like he been doing but will actually be more impactful if he goes for 27 and gets those 27 in the flow of the offense while letting his teammates get into the flow too.

We can agree to disagree though.

And im a Curry fan. I want him to ball out and really get this Finals MVP this year.

It's hard to make a case that curry isn't playing up to his standards when his playoff averages the last 3 years are 24-28 ppg 5/6 apg 5 rebs 37-42% from 3's

when those 3's arent falling he looks pedestrian. This series that was the problem, he wasn't making his 3's open or contested.Last night he started making them after going to the rack a few times then the floodgates opened(game was over at that point but it got ugly when curry went off)

Imo curry don't go off like he use to cuz of durant being there.

Expected to take the L but didn't see us getting washed by 41 lol

Thought we played well enough early to have a chance but our offense ended up up being a complete disaster last night

Cant blow several wide open layups and turn the ball over 20 times and expect to beat anyone let alone a team of Golden States caliber

Nobody ever goes to Dallas.

Even with it being a major market no state tax
Shit my uncle is moving there next month n was tryna sell me on going made that shit sound special he pays 22k/yr on property tax alone in IL tho

Lmao

Thought i was responding in Chill thread my fault but ima keep it up there like a real one

Last edited:
Too many teams now.

They need to cut the number of teams to 28, and the number of playoff spots to either 12 or 14.

There are too many teams in the nba. But Seattle deserves a team imo. Those fans are goat.

KC tho. Those ppl love bbq n football, hoops tho...dont kno

I aint seen a celtics fan in 4 pages

Sad

14dc_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back