Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought the Dubbs defense from Game 1 was how they should approach it.

Niggas went crazy because Steph looked bad on D - but a lot of that was James Harden being James Harden. Dude is not going to beat the Warriors by himself.

If the entire Rockets team starts feeling themselves, that’s when the Warriors get in trouble. Sooner or later Steph was going to join the series on offense - and that’s just too much fire power to overcome.

Play the long game.

DdsAfICVMAckHCD.jpg

What's deal with Marvin Bagley game?

I saw a few Duke games but not enough to have an informed opinion on Bagley's game. A lil help here fellas!!!

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/21/17374906/nba-draft-combine-rumblings-takeaways

Earlier this week, Trae Young’s father, Ray, told the New York Daily News that New York is a desirable destination for his son because of the spotlight its big market creates. “That’s what Trae lives for,” Ray said of his son, who interviewed with New York on Friday. Multiple league sources told me that the Knicks have the hots for the Oklahoma point guard, so the interest is mutual. It’s easy to understand why: Young is an ideal fit alongside Frank Ntilikina, whom the Knicks view as a 2-guard who can occasionally run the offense. Ntilikina could space the floor to allow Young to work his magic on the ball; conversely, Young could race through screens off the ball to get open for 3s while Ntilikina initiates the offense. It’d be a perfect pairing to ease the workload on Kristaps Porzingis.

Young is 178 pounds and 6-foot-2 with a puny 6-foot-3 wingspan. Players with similar physical dimensions include Kemba Walker, Shabazz Napier, and Norris Cole. College offenses bullied the limited defender, and NBA offenses will take advantage of him even more. Unless he’s covered. Ntilikina, 19, already defends like a veteran, so he can take the tougher backcourt player and mitigate Young’s primary weakness. It’s unclear if Young will be available when the Knicks pick at no. 9. The Magic (no. 6) and Cavaliers (no. 8) both need point guards and have been connected to Young; after all, LeBron James did give Young his blessing. But fit is king in the NBA, and New York would provide Young both the ideal personnel and stage to perform.

The Clippers are open to moving up in the draft, according to multiple league executives. They’re armed with picks nos. 12 and 13, and have the assets to get creative. A front office exec said that Michael Porter Jr. is a possible target for the Clippers, who could slide the forward into their modernized system as a go-to scorer. Funnily enough, later that day, Clippers owner Steve Ballmer paused his own interview session with reporters to stand and listen behind a media scrum around Porter.

I’ve never seen an owner in the media area; the only other team owner that I’m aware was even at the combine is Golden State’s Joe Lacob. But Ballmer, a Seattle resident, is familiar with the former Nathan Hale High School product. “About my only real contribution [to the draft] is to say, ‘Hey, I saw some high school kid in Seattle and he looked really good.’ And it turns out it’s probably a kid who will be the no. 1 or no. 2 pick,” Ballmer said on The Bill Simmons Podcast in March 2017. “[Porter] plays in the same league as my son, so I have watched him play a few times. … And they say, ‘Thank you very much for your scouting. Go back to that mathy stuff.’”

Porter told that crowd of reporters that he was scheduled to meet with 13 teams, including an interview that morning with the Clippers. “I’m the best player in this draft and I just can’t wait to show what I’m capable of,” Porter told ESPN. “That’s just how I feel. I feel like everybody will know that soon.” If Ballmer and the rest of the Clippers front office feels the same way, they’ll need to develop a plan to move up. The Missouri forward likely won’t go in the top two, as Ballmer expected last March, but the odds that he’ll drop to no. 12 are slim to none.

The difficulty is finding a team willing to trade down at a slot where Porter might be available. The teams picking from nos. 4 to 7—Memphis, Dallas, Orlando, and Chicago—could all use more than one player to fix their rosters. But it’s unclear if any of them would be willing to move from the middle of the lottery to the back. In fact, I’ve been told that Memphis, despite a recent report, isn’t actively looking to trade down and that it’s likely to stay at no. 4. Things can change between now and the draft, but for now the prospects most closely connected to Memphis are big men: Michigan State’s Jaren Jackson Jr. and Duke’s Marvin Bagley III. It was also the only team in the top eight to not request a meeting with Mo Bamba.

if this means the Pelicans move to the East, sign me up

Word. A slumping Curry is still a good player. Disappearing might be a bit harsh, but his play goes down during the playoffs. Injury is a part of it, but this is the 3rd year its happening.

I fuck with Curry too but dude got to be held accountable for his play taking a hit in the playoffs.

You casual hot takin fam.Curry playoff scoring #'s are the same as his regular season #'s

When curry isnt goin off and doin the salsa and sashaing after 3's people always overreact. Teams guard him like white on rice or he just misses shots nobody is automatic

You casual hot takin fam.Curry playoff scoring #'s are the same as his regular season #'s

When curry isnt goin off and doin the salsa and sashaing after 3's people always overreact. Teams guard him like white on rice or he just misses shots nobody is automatic

Idk what any of this has to do with Kobe.

And nobody hot taking. Numbers don't tell the whole story either. Curry aint been consistent on these last 3 playoff runs. Its the playoffs though, so a few big scoring games drives his averages up.

Forget numbers for a second, you saying these last 3 years Curry been the same in the playoffs that he was in the regular season? Forget about regurgitating posts you seen on twitter for a second, im talking your personal analysis you seen with your own eyes.

And yea he gets defended tighter in the playoffs but so do all the greats and we not saying this about any of the other greats.

:yikes1:

Idk what any of this has to do with Kobe.

And nobody hot taking. Numbers don't tell the whole story either. Curry aint been consistent on these last 3 playoff runs. Its the playoffs though, so a few big scoring games drives his averages up.

Forget numbers for a second, you saying these last 3 years Curry been the same in the playoffs that he was in the regular season? Forget about regurgitating posts you seen on twitter for a second, im talking your personal analysis you seen with your own eyes.

And yea he gets defended tighter in the playoffs but so do all the greats and we not saying this about any of the other greats.

I'll put my post in a spoiler so it won't be called a "titangraph"

If curry is "disappearing and his play goes down in the playoffs" despite his numbers being on par with what he's done in the regular season for years(the 2nd mvp season being exception that was peak curry). Then the same could be said about kobe

It doesn't make sense which is my point.You're just reacting in the moment which is what the internet does, overreact to everything

From watching him he looks fine he's just been missing shots people are accustomed to him making.He still goin to the rack and finishing they're guarding him tight,holding and doin whatever to keep him from hitting 3's

All greats get defended tighter in the playoffs but curry is a 6'3 guard who is not super quick,not super athletic his bread n butter is shooting 3's he is the system.Teams stop curry,warriors are beatable if he was out for the playoffs warriors wouldn't win the west.When durant goes off for 35 it's a 8-10 point lead.Curry goes off for 35+ teams get mopped,it opens up the whole floor/offense.

Jordan,shaq,kobe,lebron etc they can do more than curry they're bigger,stronger more physical players.curry aint built like that he can't do what they do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back