Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
His pick and roll defense sucks but whenever hes able to hang out and protect the rim hes been good, I dont know if this is still accurate but San Antonio was allowing the fewest points at the bucket and led the league in field goal precentage in the paint

but youre right LA has been really good too

The numbers looked great early in the season because we played sub par teams more than good teams. The stretch right before all star break and after has shown the defense to be mediocre at best.

You can attribute it to injuries or if you watch them you can see that smartly coached teams know who to attack. Pau does a decent job guarding the rim but smart teams exploit his lack of quickness against the pick and roll to get open 3’s. Not to mention long rebounds off of the misses due to his lack of quickness. Don’t get it twisted Pau is the least of this teams issues. He has been pretty solid offensively and not total dumpster juice (just office trash) on defense lol

I wouldnt call PnR'ing people to death versatile

if the rockets not PnR, its iso ball with Paul or harden.

Everybody else waiting to catch and shoot.

I agree they can get hella stagnant in the half court offensive set but they have more than one guy creating shots for themselves or others and they aren’t just a running team.

Harden and Paul don’t have to do everything for the team to score. Gordon is solid and Joe Johnson with mismatch’s can still create not to mention all the shooters.

I agree they can get hella stagnant in the half court offensive set but they have more than one guy creating shots for themselves or others and they aren’t just a running team.

Harden and Paul don’t have to do everything for the team to score. Gordon is solid and Joe Johnson with mismatch’s can still create not to mention all the shooters.

we'll see

After watching the first few games with Blake Griffin I knew we would collapse.

Before Blake the pistons moved the ball crisply around the perimeter. Everyone was involved shooting 3s.

Now with Blake this motherfucka bring the ball up like he a point forward and will hold the ball glimh nowhere passing at the last minute or do one of his Tasmanian Devil ridiculous post moves miss the shot then don' get back on defense as he complains to the ref

Before Blake the pistons moved the ball crisply around the perimeter. Everyone was involved shooting 3s.

Now with Blake this motherfucka bring the ball up like he a point forward and will hold the ball glimh nowhere passing at the last minute or do one of his Tasmanian Devil ridiculous post moves miss the shot then don' get back on defense as he complains to the ref

So you think Stan is out of there after this season?

They have missed quality players on the last 3 drafts which has some what hurt them. I can’t remember what the draft protections was on the Blake Griffin trade but I don’t know if Stan and Bowers would draft the right player if they did get a top 5 pick.

I can’t front I really liked Stanley Johnson coming out of Arizona and even his 1st season but after that he has kinda stagnated. What happened to him? I mean he is still super young but he has been the best pick they have made, right? Kennard is solid and might get better but I don’t think he will be a star

Ive always thought Blake Griffin was wack and overrated but in his defense I think he'll be better once yall get some more talent and shot creation/ball handling around him......right now hes the best passer on the team

Even Reggie Jackson would be a big help

Ive always thought Blake Griffin was wack and overrated but in his defense I think he'll be better once yall get some more talent and shot creation/ball handling around him......right now hes the best passer on the team

Even Reggie Jackson would be a big help

Everyone on here talk bad about Reggie Jackson. He ain' perfect but he was playing well before the injury. That's when we started losing.

Stan is gone. I can see him removing himself from the coach. He may stay in the front office. He loves the city and is active in the community. I don't think he wants to move his family again.

With Johnson it's maturity. He always in the dog house cuz of it.

I think the pistons are tired of him and will move on

I dont think anyone is sleeping on the rockets though.

We all agree that the rockets are the 2nd best team in the league, and if they were in the East they would be in the finals.

I think we all also agree that the Rockets have a chance against the warriors, its just not a high chance.

Thats saying a lot because I personally dont give any other team any chance against the warriors.

Thats if everyone is healthy though.

If Curry is hurt, it will be a much closer series and to me it will be a coin flip at that point.

I dont think anyone is sleeping on the rockets though.

We all agree that the rockets are the 2nd best team in the league, and if they were in the East they would be in the finals.

I think we all also agree that the Rockets have a chance against the warriors, its just not a high chance.

Thats saying a lot because I personally dont give any other team any chance against the warriors.

Thats if everyone is healthy though.

You hit the nail on the head. I recognize what the Rockets are. I'm not taking anything away from them. It's just that I can't see the Warriors losing a series if healthy.

So who does he think he should be taking more shots then? Jimmy or KAT? Any coach that regularly allows the offense to flow through Wiggins the majority of the time when Jimmy and KAT are also on the floor should get fired immediately

Warriors are experts at switching and that's what the Rockets try to get pretty much every time down. Low key they got like two plays that they run everything else is basically switching until CP3 or Harden gets a mismatch that they like.

They been fucking the league up because teams don't communicate on where they should be after a switch. I don't think it'll be that easy against GS because they communicate so well.

They do pose a real threat and I don't think anyone is taking that away from them but a healthy and determined GS is a different kind of monster. I'm pulling for Houston though since CP3 ain't a bitch no more.

Until proven otherwise that's who he is. Outside of scoring he doesn't impact the game and he doesn't do that well enough to be considered above those two.
Horrible FT shooter, poor rebounder, avg defender at best, avg handle with a poor shot selection. What does he expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back