Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Cuban

"I'm probably not supposed to say this, but, like, I just had dinner with a bunch of our guys the other night, and here we are, you know, we weren't competing for the playoffs. I was like, 'Look, losing is our best option,'" Cuban said on the podcast. "Adam [Silver] would hate hearing that, but I at least sat down and I explained it to them. And I explained what our plans were going to be this summer, that we're not going to tank again. This was, like, a year-and-a-half tanking, and that was too brutal for me. But being transparent, I think that's the key to being kind of a players owner and having stability."

What the fuck?

I wonder what that fine is going to look like.

Traditional television ratings are down across the board — in sports, but also in dramas and comedies and just about every other category across the board. More and more people are cutting the cord, and even for people who still pay for cable/satellite, there are countless more options and streaming choices like Netflix that divide the marketplace. That’s why the people trying to pin the NFL’s rating declines on political issues miss the point — America’s most powerful sports league is not immune to market trends.

Nationally, NBA games on ABC, ESPN, NBA TV and TNT are showing double-digit viewership increases. The combined 15 percent jump puts the league’s TV viewership at its best mark heading into All-Star weekend since the 2012-13 season.

Locally, regional sports networks are seeing a 7 percent increase in ratings so far this season. SportsBusiness Journal analyzed ratings data for 27 U.S.-based teams across the NBA. Seventeen RSNs showed increases; 10 posted decreases. Information for Memphis, Utah and Toronto was not available…

Overall, local NBA games on NBC Sports’ RSNs have seen a 16 percent jump this season. NBA games on Fox’s RSNs are up 5 percent.

The NBC regional sports networks are seeing a massive boost in part because of Boston, which has seen an 82 percent jump in ratings this season.

This is good news for the NBA, which recently signed a massive new television deal with its primary partners, ESPN/ABC and Turner Broadcasting.

Why the increase? Likely a number of factors. One, the NBA has a strong crop of young stars — and those stars are engaging fans on social media. The NBA also embraced technology and other media in a way other sports did not — you can see any NBA highlight you want on YouTube, try that with the NFL. The NBA was more willing to change with the times, but that still doesn’t fully explain why a sport with a younger demographic — more cord cutters — is seeing its ratings rise.

I just read that article.

Cuban may get some backlash. He didn't participate in no sexual assault but he had to know about the stuff going on.

That team president on the other hand he shoulda been fired

cuban is recording himself doing a crime and posting it to worldstar

wtf is dude thinking?

I havent been fucking with Cuban at all since he sat there and compared a 15 year black kid in a hoodie to a fucking grown ass white skin head when the Treyvon Martin thing went down.

He said if he sees a 15 year old black kid in a hoodie he would cross the street just like if he sees a white skin head he would cross the street.

That shit was disgusting. 1 is just a kid in a hoodie and the other is a person following a murderous hateful ideology that wants to kill anyone who is different. How the fuck are the two equivalent? And he thought he was making a profound statement.

Aaaannnd he openly said he didnt think Sterling should be punished by the NBA because of what he said in private that was recorded without his knowledge. We knew then that he had some skeletons in the closet.

So fuck Mark Cuban. Hope he loses the team.

Smug bastard.

Last edited:
Fined Mark Cuban $600,000 for that Tanking comment ...smh he know he can’t be saying that shit out loud.

That boy fed up about something. Pop will come up with something. I figured they would hold him out, tank and try and catch another blue chip like they did with david robinson/duncan back in the day but they holding without him. Whole shit is weird af.

I see him coming back next year and killing it. I dont think there is anything more than him being cautious about his injury.

Sounding like Rose 2.0.

I hope its not.

For now I want to side with Kawhi on it so I will but at the end of the day, I dont see why the Spurs doctors will clear a player before its safe to do so. Especially a player who is so important to their future. The Spurs organization doesnt seem like the type to do that.

But at the end of the day, no one knows Kawhis body like he does, so if he opts not to play without a second opinion, thats cool for now.

The worrisome part of it is what if its not an issue with his body but it became mental? Thats when it can turn into a Rose 2.0 issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back