Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got tons of chances at the club but he’s just not Manchester United quality. And plenty players bounce back from those type of injuries. Yes, psychologically it’s hard over coming, but as professionals, that alone should make players mentally stronger. He just isn’t that. Ramsey a perfect example of hard work.

Van gaal and moyes sign some trash ass players who are not Man U quality at all. Man U need to offload players like city (10 players) did and start new while on the way up.

Who was good under Moyes or LVG??? The club was in near disarray with players apparently slagging the mangers off lol

You said it, phycological issues, so hammering the kid in the media if hes got that isnt gonna help him is it??? The fact he got back healthy and lost weight by training on his own, I believe, shows he is more then capable of handling the pressure... Look at Delpth or other LBs in the league, he has miles more talaent then those them imo...

Ramsey has loads of injruies, Shaw hasnt... He just needs a run of games imo and I think if he went to Liverpool, Spurs, City etc he would shine...

4 managers have called out luke shaw about his fitness and comitment but he works hard?
@Water Ur Seeds

Louis van Gaal

Shaw is ok, but I am always a trainer-coach who sees individuals and what they need. He needs to be fit and is not very fit or fit enough to do what I want. He needs to train individually until he is fit. I cannot judge how long that will take, but I see what I see. I have spoken with him and we have made a programme for him. He agreed with me. How long (will he be on the programme)? That we have to see, but that I don’t know.

Roy Hodgson
Shaw played under Hodgson for England and was less than impressed with his work ethic.

[Shaw] might have had it mentioned to him a couple of times during the World Cup by people like myself and [physio] Gary Lewin. If Louis thinks that he can get him fitter then I’m sure he will certainly have our approval.

Mauricio Pochettino

Hodgson revealed that Mauricio Pochettino had similar problems with Shaw when he was his manager at Southampton.

I think you need to speak to Mauricio Pochettino, who spent a lot of time with Luke, as they [Southampton] brought him in as a 16 or 17-year-old and threw him into the team. I know Pochettino worked hard with him on the fitness and conditioning side of the game.

I think a lot of Luke’s situation is purely down to the fact that he is still young, his body is changing. But I think he’s aware that the work-rate which is required does mean that he’s got to work very, very hard on that aspect of his game.

I think when he [Van Gaal] talks to Pochettino, then Pochettino will say to him: ‘What you were saying to Luke Shaw and what you’ve been saying to him, is what I was actually saying to him.’

And now Jose

We will see, but I think Shaw will be world class under a free flowing manager, he was nearly there at 16/17 at Southampton... The fact he shed all that weight shows his commitment... And its not really Shaw's commitment Jose has called into question, its his performances... Give him a run of games then judge him...

We will see, but I think Shaw will be world class under a free flowing manager, he was nearly there at 16/17 at Southampton... The fact he shed all that weight shows his commitment... And its not really Shaw's commitment Jose has called into question, its his performances... Give him a run of games then judge him...

Manchester United defender Ashley Young backs under-fire team-mate Luke Shaw to become 'one of the best in the world' if he knuckles down

'I am not here to talk about other people and whatnot,'
he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

'Obviously he is a player that wants to do well, I want to see him doing well. It's like all players, you just have to get your head down and work.'

Asked if Shaw has it in him to come again, Young added: 'Yeah, of course. He is a fantastic player. I feel he can be one of the best in the world.

'As I say, you've just got to work hard.'

4A58DF7600000578-5523919-image-a-3_1521568014101.jpg

Young is currently training with England having taken Shaw's spot in Gareth Southgate's squad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...am-mate-Luke-Shaw-one-best.html#ixzz5AK57UIpk

That last line on England is hilarious! lol

head-nod-gif-14.gif

World class? Don’t do this @Water Ur Seeds . You're a good poster, you shadyteaming yourself a big bit for dude.
Shaw hype train been over ever since going to United so young and being the highest price defender over 5 years ago.

He’s stew chicken and goat roti with a red solo soda defensively.

World class? Don’t do this @Water Ur Seeds . You're a good poster, you shadyteaming yourself a big bit for dude.
Shaw hype train been over ever since going to United so young and being the highest price defender over 5 years ago.

He’s stew chicken and goat roti with a red solo soda defensively.

I think he WILL be world class, hes got all the attributes, maybe not the attitude in training... But all that class he showed at 16/17 you cant help but think theres a world class player there somewhere...

Manchester United defender Ashley Young backs under-fire team-mate Luke Shaw to become 'one of the best in the world' if he knuckles down

'I am not here to talk about other people and whatnot,'
he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

'Obviously he is a player that wants to do well, I want to see him doing well. It's like all players, you just have to get your head down and work.'

Asked if Shaw has it in him to come again, Young added: 'Yeah, of course. He is a fantastic player. I feel he can be one of the best in the world.

'As I say, you've just got to work hard.'

4A58DF7600000578-5523919-image-a-3_1521568014101.jpg

Young is currently training with England having taken Shaw's spot in Gareth Southgate's squad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...am-mate-Luke-Shaw-one-best.html#ixzz5AK57UIpk

That last line on England is hilarious! lol

Bruv hes just been given a new one year contract and he is in favour with Jose and wants to go the world cup haha he would prolly say the sky is green and the grass is blue atm... Im not saying he isnt showing lack of application, but atleast give the dude a run in the team to give him something to aim for...

Its what most bosses would do at work, if you see theres no progression in your work you may slack off... If Shaw is seeing the best years of career go down the drain, that could cause him to slack off in training, knowing hes not gonna be in the squad...

I got no problem with saying Shaw got things to work on. My issue is with Jose constantly singling him out when it’s team performances rather individual performances.

Why play Shaw if he feels he’s not good enough, just to bring him off at half time? I think it was to humiliate him and use as a scapegoat for a really bad performance in the previous game against Sevilla, which Shaw didn’t even make the squad.

Why didn’t he berate the team after that game instead of talking about all the times he had knocked Man U out the CL with other teams?

Then after a win to get to the semis he totally destroys Shaw in public when in January after playing 5 consecutive games and he called Shaw “one the best left backs right now”...wtf??

But before that he has public picked out Shaw from Day he got here.

If United was winning the league these people wouldn't have any issues with anything that mourinho is saying.

Yeah I think they would, we are still second and in the semi's of the FA Cup and until recently in CL, people have still been complaining... I think people are just getting fed up with Jose being self centred, moody and making strange decisions and the fact the football is pretty dire doesnt help... Its 'Manchester United', not 'Jose and the Manchester United 11'... I think if the football was dire and we were winning it would be OK, but not with all the other schitt too... Still United fans want to be entertained...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back