Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mesut Ozil breaks Eric Cantona's Premier League assists record

Mesut Ozil's assist for Shkodran Mustafi during Arsenal's game against Watford on Sunday was his 50th in the Premier League.

Having reached that landmark in just 141 game the feat saw him break Eric Cantona's all-time record in the division.

Former Manchester United forward Cantona reached the same number in 143 games.

It was Ozil's third assist in two games after he set up both goals in Arsenal's 2-0 Europa League win at AC Milan on Thursday.

Mustafi's goal, which came eight minutes into the game, was Arsenal's 1,000th in the Premier League.

@Water Ur Seeds

He's quiet.

I hate to waste my 1000th post on Ozil... But 'The King' was a goal scorer/striker, assists were a bonus... 'The Ghost' is in Arsenal's team to do just that, assist goals... So a midfielder having more assists than a striker isnt that great, well done Casper... They both done it the mark on roughly the same goals, expect Cantona did it big games, also scoring goals AND winning trophies...

giphy.gif

Reactions: GNS
I hate to waste my 1000th post on Ozil... But 'The King' was a goal scorer/striker, assists were a bonus... 'The Ghost' is in Arsenal's team to do just that, assist goals... So a midfielder having more assists than a striker isnt that great, well done Casper... They both done it the mark on roughly the same goals, expect Cantona did it big games, also scoring goals AND winning trophies...

giphy.gif

A United player's record was broken by somebody you dislike a lot.

Let it flow, homie.

Interesting to see what Sky do on this, because had this been on the pitch when he was playing....

Also irony how he loved to chat shit about El Hadji Diouf (a habitual spitter) when he now looks to be made from the same cloth

WTF was he thinking tho? I'd be suprised if he gets away with his job after this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back