Welcome To aBlackWeb

What kinda psycho shyt is that?? Lol

I'm slightly intrigued tho.

It was interesting for the most part I enjoyed myself had its funny moments

A bit shallow in a sense as far as the motivation and not enough backstory and the characters didn’t try hard enough

but it’s a cool relatively short watch

7.25/10

Nicholas Hoult was a weirdo in this and while I was watching I said to myself, he has what it takes to be an action movie star

i see Tom Cruise when I look at him

like I could see him in his own version of mission impossible

It was interesting for the most part I enjoyed myself had its funny moments

A bit shallow in a sense as far as the motivation and not enough backstory and the characters didn’t try hard enough

but it’s a cool relatively short watch

7.25/10
Yeah they didn't try with that lol

Was not expecting that. The ending didn't feel finished though

I was laughing a bunch but I have a dark sense of humor

YES CHEF !!

PRAISE : If you have ever been to one of those boujee restaurants and have been told : get ready for an experience that your taste buds and palate will thank you for ,or even watched several episodes of one of Gordon Ramsay's cooking competition shows this movie about a young couple who visiting an exclusive destination restaurant on a remote island where the acclaimed chef has prepared a lavish tasting menu.
Ralph Fiennes as Chef Slowik is terrific in this and hes definitely channeling Ramsay with his critical, sarcastic and obsession with his culinary skills .Anya Taylor-Joy as Margot gives all of the right reactions to the situations she finds herself in .Nicholas Hoult as Tyler a man obsessed with Slowik feeling he can do no wrong.Hong Chau is great as his maitre d Elsa ; Janet McTeer is great as a food critic snob Lillian. Plus John Leguizamo is funny as a down on his luck actor.
How and why things play out for the chef's guest was very funny.
The movie takes the obsession of serving and preparing the perfect dish and twists them to a T.
Such obsessions can lead to all types of insanity in which the movie has a great way of displaying and that sometimes exclusivity isn't the greatest thing.

PROBLEMS: There are some predictable turns in the movie. Though I liked the visuals of the ending I wish it had been as sharp as the rest of the movie.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

Back