Welcome To aBlackWeb

What was that light they were sailing into? Were they entering Valhalla or something? I knew she was dipping of that boat early too lol

I'm not too versed in tolkien lore but I thought it was like their Elf equivalent to heaven or something.

Now what im unsure of is if theyre allowed to go back and forth or if it's a one way trip sorta deal

They were sailing back to Valinor, the undying lands. If you familiar with LOTR, it's where Frodo, Bilbo, and a vast majority of the elves went to once the Return of the King ended.

That was definitely Gandalf, would explain his fascination and protection of Hobbits in the films, or one of the other 4 wizards (Saruman) sent to help stop Sauron from (re)gaining power

The dwarfs def found a simaril and keeping it from the elves. Gonna be interesting how this ultimately turns out.

I'll spoiler if need be. So far I like it

Visually it's stunning af. Writing meh so far but I think that's expected first 2 episodes

Galadriel was definitely more rash and hot tempered in her youth. It explains why she went so hard in the Hobbit trilogy when she went to save Gandalf. She been wanting Sauron blood for a long long time.

Age and war made Elrond a bitter old elf. He seems more carefree in this age then he does when we're introduced to him in LOTR

what yall dont like about the writing..

also.. spoiler it if you need to... but whats a simaril?

what yall dont like about the writing..

also.. spoiler it if you need to... but whats a simaril?
It feels incomplete to me. Like they should have explained more why the Men didn't like the Elves from the watch tower. They glossed over it.
They should have explained more why the Harefoots hide from humans.

Not to say they can't in time but it would have been nice to get it out the way already to mw

three jewel magical jewels made from the elven tree and caused the first war as Morgoth, Sauron predecessor, stole them to enhance his power. Celebrimbor spoke on it when he was talking to Elrond. Also idk if you remember the hobbit trilogy but it's said one of them was the jewel under the lonely mountain that drove Thorin and his granddather insane. Trying to covet it and such

It feels incomplete to me. Like they should have explained more why the Men didn't like the Elves from the watch tower. They glossed over it.
They should have explained more why the Harefoots hide from humans.

Not to say they can't in time but it would have been nice to get it out the way already to mw

three jewel magical jewels made from the elven tree and caused the first war as Morgoth, Sauron predecessor, stole them to enhance his power. Celebrimbor spoke on it when he was talking to Elrond. Also idk if you remember the hobbit trilogy but it's said one of them was the jewel under the lonely mountain that drove Thorin and his granddather insane. Trying to covet it and such

Word I did find myself wondering why the humans hate the elves so much..

and re: the spoiler.. gotcha.. some of that rings a bell. Preciate ya

Word I did find myself wondering why the humans hate the elves so much..

and re: the spoiler.. gotcha.. some of that rings a bell. Preciate ya
They still got more than enough time to clear it up

Just would have been nice to get it out the way and set that plot early imo

Visually it's stunning af. Writing meh so far but I think that's expected first 2 episodes

Galadriel was definitely more rash and hot tempered in her youth. It explains why she went so hard in the Hobbit trilogy when she went to save Gandalf. She been wanting Sauron blood for a long long time.

Age and war made Elrond a bitter old elf. He seems more carefree in this age then he does when we're introduced to him in LOTR
So Elrond is the elf played by Hugo Weaving in the trilogy? And the girl elf is the one that was the Queen of the forest or some shit like that in the original?

And I guess dwarves don’t live ling enough to be in the original trilogy, right? Of course men and Hobbits don’t.

Yeah I think the guy with the Hobbits is Gandalf, but it might be that white bad guy wizard considering how the fireflies died after he used them.

Either way, I wish this dude would get his shit together because I’m tired of seeing him muttering and stammering all over the place.

This tv format is actually the best for these kinds of epics. There’s a lot of ground to cover and having the weekly break lets you break everything down.

This really is just like the movies visually. They hit the ground running. I know it costs a grip.

So Elrond is the elf played by Hugo Weaving in the trilogy? And the girl elf is the one that was the Queen of the forest or some shit like that in the original?

And I guess dwarves don’t live ling enough to be in the original trilogy, right? Of course men and Hobbits don’t.
You got it correct on all fronts

Dwarves only live about 150-200 years and this takes place before waaayyy b4 then. Consider they currently in Moria back when it went under its original name, Khazad-dûm. We seeing it in its height or even probably before it reached its apex.
And if you remember the hobbit trilogy they spoke on Durin, who became a great king and essentially continued the Dwarven royal line

They still got more than enough time to clear it up

Just would have been nice to get it out the way and set that plot early imo
The black elf explained it a little. The elfs don't hate humans they just don't trust the humans if that town they were guarding because during the war those humans sided with morgoth
This recap explains it all also that may not be gandalf. In the comments they said gandalf and his kind came from the sea and not the sky also vandal doesn't appear until the third age

The black elf explained it a little. The elfs don't hate humans they just don't trust the humans if that town they were guarding because during the war those humans sided with morgoth
This recap explains it all also that may not be gandalf. In the comments they said gandalf and his kind came from the sea and not the sky also vandal doesn't appear until the third age

I don't watch these kinda shits, my eyes work

And I'm sure somethings may not be straight to source. I'll bet anyone a name change for a week that it's Gandalf

I don't watch these kinda shits, my eyes work

And I'm sure somethings may not be straight to source. I'll bet anyone a name change for a week that it's Gandalf
I like his videos out of all of them because they're entertaining and funny with the edited memes. This video was a good source because it covered a lot of lore I'm not familiar with. I don't know much about LOTR outside of the 6 films. Also isn't super hyper and annoying like emergency awesome and similar geeks such as them.

Last edited:
Back