Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Listening Session/w Goldie

96, 86, 2006...it dont matter to me

and i think you are really downplaying the fact he took all the themes of beloved hood movies was able to craft them into verses that told a coherent story about those movies that still reflect certain parts of our society right now.

wanna know whats REALLY funny? You'll downplay this song and what lupe did, BUT, you'll goat the battlerap dudes that do the same thing in their schemes

just keep it a buck, you dont like Lupe...lol

its ok

See, you're new to the battle rap family, i've been saying I hate schemes for YEARSSS since the IC. I HATE schemes. Clips is my nigga, but I hate his fuckin schmes. Watch the Hollow vs Clips battle so u can see hollow breakdown how simple schemes are.

It don't matter if it was 1986? Yea you're trollin.

See, you're new to the battle rap family, i've been saying I hate schemes for YEARSSS since the IC. I HATE schemes. Clips is my nigga, but I hate his fuckin schmes. Watch the Hollow vs Clips battle so u can see hollow breakdown how simple schemes are.

It don't matter if it was 1986? Yea you're trollin.

my point is Goldie, if the bar is dope, it dont matter what year it was dropped

im really not sure what the point you are trying to make with this one

again, focus on what i said...in context, the bar is fine...alone, not so much...its mad basic

I can find similar bars on 4:44 and that was what 2016??? BUT the context is what makes it impactful. There is nothing simple about double burger with cheese.

and i expect Hollow to attack Clips and say the schemes are simple, but if you think "which room im in" was wack upon the first listen, then idk what you listening to. Over time, yea, a dude cant use that EVERY single battle, but if done right, you are constantly wondering, where is this nigga gonna go with this

my point is Goldie, if the bar is dope, it dont matter what year it was dropped

im really not sure what the point you are trying to make with this one

again, focus on what i said...in context, the bar is fine...alone, not so much...its mad basic

I can find similar bars on 4:44 and that was what 2016??? BUT the context is what makes it impactful. There is nothing simple about double burger with cheese.

and i expect Hollow to attack Clips and say the schemes are simple, but if you think "which room im in" was wack upon the first listen, then idk what you listening to. Over time, yea, a dude cant use that EVERY single battle, but if done right, you are constantly wondering, where is this nigga gonna go with this

RE: What room scheme, was weak.

There's an evolution to hip hop that you're trying to ignore, same with battle rap. The shit niggas was hyping during the mook/party arty era, would get boo'd in 2019.

RE: What room scheme, was weak.

There's an evolution to hip hop that you're trying to ignore, same with battle rap. The shit niggas was hyping during the mook/party arty era, would get boo'd in 2019.

the what room scheme was ALWAYS wack or is it wack in 2019?

there is a diff b/t the two

Classic

The first Nas song I ever heard. The greatest guest feature of alltime is on there. AZ's verse was so ill niggas act like Nas' verse on there wasn't amazing too. Everything about the song is timeless.

Ohhhh now there's a difference due the time? lol aight

im asking you b/c using your example, i dont know if you are implying that the scheme shit has always been wack or its just wack now b/c of how the landscape of battle rap has changed

I still think the Jay line i referenced was nice (within context) today even tho it was released in 96, but it is simple

and here we are

@AP21. Bruh, this a new year. I ain't got time for that nigga @Goldie and his fuckery. Lol. Let that nigga be on that shit he on. I ain't got no problem wit it.

One of the greatest posse songs of alltime, if not the best. I still feel like Masta Killa fucked up the momentum of the song tho , that's why Ghost came in like "ayo fuck that" , tellin masta killa to gtfoh with that bullshit.

My fault for the delay, took me 20 mins to find that fuckin twitter video

It's the greatest diss song of alltime. The level of disrespect in a diss record has probably never been matched since.

"Go dig ya patna up, bet he can't say shit!"

Wop got that lol

Back