Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Listening Session/w Goldie

On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the worse score and 10 being the highest score) how do you rate this song and why?

On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the worse score and 10 being the highest score) how do you rate this song and why?

My fault for the delay, took me 20 mins to find that fuckin twitter video

It's the greatest diss song of alltime. The level of disrespect in a diss record has probably never been matched since. To open up the song saying "that's why i fucked your bitch" who happens to be your wife and there's a magazine floating around with him and her hugged up and whispers of it being true, which leads to biggie storming into faith interviews smacking her up lol It went beyond just random disses that didn't hold any weight.

From the beat jack, to the 2 min rant at the end that all rhymed, to the fact that it's the BIGGEST diss record of alltime which is why you can see shit like this

Fuck nature sounds and the sounds of the ocean, if u want to be instantly put to sleep, put this shit on. The best thing about this song is the name and it was sampled to give us Killing Me Softly.

Lazy flow + a boring beat = musical nyquill

Top 5 Jay-Z song, arguably the greatest. Everything about the song was perfect, the beat, the content, the bars..... the bars/entendres he was using was ahead of it's time.

"my shit is butter, for the bread the wanna toast me". It's rare to have a nigga spitting metaphors like that and still be spitting that real cloth talk, that's what makes Hov , Hov and this was one of the best displays of it.

Trash. The nigga just named a bunch of scenes from hood movies and ended it with saying "this was just an illustration of what we brought up on" and his stans thinks the shit is genius lol Niggas be so impressed by the simplest shit.

"you remember when craig got fired for stealing boxes/
and bishop rolled up on Q at the lockers/"

giphy.gif

i detect the same energy not being kept...but i'ma be quiet

Speak on it
no need goldie, lol

you've made it clear that only lupe "nerds" think he says thought provoking things when you think they are basic

but its kinda hard to agree with that pov when you JUST sat here and said the bars on "can i live" were some of the best you've heard

it dont get no basic than "i keep one eye open like CBS". While, in context, i think the bar is good, idk how you can listen to that, but shit on lupe like you cant enjoy both.

BUT, this is you in the chair and not me.

no need goldie, lol

you've made it clear that only lupe "nerds" think he says thought provoking things when you think they are basic

but its kinda hard to agree with that pov when you JUST sat here and said the bars on "can i live" were some of the best you've heard

it dont get no basic than "i keep one eye open like CBS". While, in context, i think the bar is good, idk how you can listen to that, but shit on lupe like you cant enjoy both.

BUT, this is you in the chair and not me.

That was in 1996!!!

o932o8.jpg

And you would go to one of the weakest bars in the whole song lol compared to a nigga just naming random movies parts, that takes ZERO skill to do. Plus, lupe has no cloth talk. This is a foolish comparison fam.

That was in 1996!!!

o932o8.jpg

And you would go to one of the weakest bars in the whole song lol compared to a nigga just naming random movies parts, that takes ZERO skill to do. Plus, lupe has no cloth talk. This is a foolish comparison fam.

96, 86, 2006...it dont matter to me

and i think you are really downplaying the fact he took all the themes of beloved hood movies was able to craft them into verses that told a coherent story about those movies that still reflect certain parts of our society right now.

wanna know whats REALLY funny? You'll downplay this song and what lupe did, BUT, you'll goat the battlerap dudes that do the same thing in their schemes

just keep it a buck, you dont like Lupe...lol

its ok

Back