Welcome To aBlackWeb

Thing is outside of Game of Thrones folks ain’t that interested in Knights and shit as much as they used too. And this was a movie about one duel not action packed.

lol so he mad muhfuckas dont wanna risk getting COVID to see Matt Damon get his ass kicked playing around in some armor? And blame it on cellphones and facebook?

lol piss off.

I have no interest in seeing his house of gucci shit either 😆
I think he's seeing it as ppl went to the movies, they just didn't wanna go out to see his

Damn. Didn't know of the story so I was thinking it was gonna go one way but it went another

I actually thought the alleged rapist was gonna win. Especially when the one guy was stabbed in the thigh. Figured his femoral artery was cut from all the blood that was coming out

All of the women of the court were looking at their men in disgust during the duel lol

They really go all out with the torture and death for woman who falsely accuse men of rape. When they were listing all the things that were gonna happen I was like damn lol. Though if it's determined just by your husband failing to win the duel then it's understandable about the hesitance to come forward

The duel was nice though. They did a good job of it

GOT actors are everywhere now lol

The Last Duel

Always 2 sides to a story....sometimes 3

PRAISE: Based on the true story of France's last trial by combat in the Middle Ages,this story about Jean de Carrouges is a respected knight known for his bravery and skill on the battlefield. Jacques Le Gris is a squire whose intelligence and eloquence makes him one of the most admired nobles in court. Gris is soon accused of raping Carrouges wife Marguerite
This story written by Nicole Holofcener, Ben Affleck and Matt Damon
was very involving.The actors really give there all Damon is great as Carrouges .Adam Driver as Gris can likely do period pieces like this in his sleep by now.
I loved Comer in Killing Eve but I felt like this was her best role to date.
Ben Affleck provides some humorous moments as the hedonistic Count Pierre d'Alençon.
I enjoyed how the triangle of the 3 main characters reminded me of King Arthur ,Queen Guinevere and Sir Lancelot.
I liked how this film made me question every characters move and motivation.
Did all of what occurred come from disgrace,humiliation, loss of position and honor? Or was it truly for the sexual assault of a married woman?
There's definitely a strong Me Too thread in this film as the actions,thoughts and thinking of Marguerite are questioned and it's a scary fact that some people still have the same dismissive thinking about rape some of the characters in this film have. While I enjoyed the intensity of the action sequences some are definitely not for the faint of heart.

PROBLEMS: The film definitely stalls at times. Some scenes are a bit drawn out and repetitive

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

Back