Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Kwame Brown story thread: Mama's Cookin'

I don't mind giving Boyce the smoke but Kwame gave props to that gawwdamn coon Jason Whitlock. nah b hell nahh
Kwame defending himself, and talking shit, is fine....entertaining as hell. But dude giving props to and aligning himself with certified sell-outs is a perplexity I'm interesting to see how his hardcore stans reconcile

Like you ether Dr. Pro-Blackity Black Watkins only to turn around to praise sitting board members of the Coon Train while calling out how bad the white media treats young black men

46d73c3cc50fa32e0e1d8c2a38007477.gif

Last edited:
I mean the entire world considers him a bust he can’t change that narrative and realistically it’s crazy because most nba players aren’t all stars. Yea compared to his peers he is lacking but compared to most people he up. This wouldn’t happened if he wasn’t brought up

I agree but most people aren't basketball players....so why can't the comparison just stay at his peers in basketball?

I think this wouldn't have happened if he just continued to not give af about whatever narrative was said about him for the past 20 years becuz "he's up" anyway living a good life smiling and joking right?.....i dont mind the clap back at all...stand tall and get ya shit off and remind us all your momma's son don't take no shit....but imo had he done this for the past 20 years instead of FINALLY being fed up with it now he'd prolly have a lot more respect from the people that were talking about him in the first place

and this is all about BASKETBALL.....now i'd like to see Kwame respond to his BASKETBALL play or lack thereof for the 13 years he was playing....nothing else

again he won by getting paid and taking care of business....kudos for that your momma is proud of you....but to act like he can't be criticized by anyone for how he played basketball the last 20 years is ridiculous

him being the number 1 overall pick with his career numbers isn’t good at all, but the guy is far from a bust. He actually lasted in the NBA for 10+ seasons while getting consistent play time.

It wasn’t like he was an end of the bench guy or got drafted number 1 and only played out his rookie contract and was never seen on an NBA roster again like some players. Lol.

I agree though..... he definitely made stuff personal which at 1st I didn’t blame him because folks were dragging him but (in my opinion) this has gone on too long and it’s entirely too messy and public. Like Matt Barnes said people don’t care about him they just want to a public spectacle.

him being the number 1 overall pick with his career numbers isn’t good at all, but the guy is far from a bust. He actually lasted in the NBA for 10+ seasons while getting consistent play time.

i lived the Kwame Brown years here in DC(which has had it's fair share of draft busts in all sports)...idk what is defined as a bust these days but to be a #1 pick and not produce anything of significance in your time here is a bust to me......he did not meet expectations period. now it's two fold and MJ fucked up drafting him #1 to begin with and killing his confidence early but he still played at a mediocre level for the remainder of his career. He is also still a beast PHYSICALLY so yes he'd continue to have an NBA career regardless......so would guys like Bowie, Bradley, Oden, Olawakandi, Thabeet, Darko, and any other 7 footer that can stay healthy for 82 games.....can't teach height and all the names mentioned are busts to me...not in life cuz they have more money than most but at basketball where they were simply expected to be great and were not.

i lived the Kwame Brown years here in DC(which has had it's fair share of draft busts in all sports)...idk what is defined as a bust these days but to be a #1 pick and not produce anything of significance in your time here is a bust to me......he did not meet expectations period. now it's two fold and MJ fucked up drafting him #1 to begin with and killing his confidence early but he still played at a mediocre level for the remainder of his career. He is also still a beast PHYSICALLY so yes he'd continue to have an NBA career regardless......so would guys like Bowie, Bradley, Oden, Olawakandi, Thabeet, Darko, and any other 7 footer that can stay healthy for 82 games.....can't teach height and all the names mentioned are busts to me...not in life cuz they have more money than most but at basketball where they were simply expected to be great and were not.

it doesn’t really work like what you are stating though. Lol. Being tall and athletic doesn’t automatically mean you can have a long career and get minutes (22 minutes per game for his career) in the NBA is all I’m pointing out. Yes, he under performed badly for a top 5 pick (and even worse as 1) but you have players that without major injuries and good physical gifts not last as long and get the minutes he did in the NBA.

I’m not saying he was a great or even good player but a Bust in my opinion are guys like Anthony Bennett(6’7”), Jan Vessley(6’11”) Adam Morrison(6’7”), Rafael arajual(7’0”), Patrick O’bryant(7’0”) etc..... those guys couldn’t sniff the court or was out of the league after or even before their rookie deals. Lol.

you can’t call niggas coons if you not in the streets doing the work

I know you not in the streets doing the work if you calling niggas “coons”

use your fucking words, niggas jump to insulting ppl who you don’t agree with

I could trash a nigga still talking about maga shit when your life ain’t did nothing but got worse since 45 left office, stupid ass lil niggas smh

Kwame Brown wasn't a good basketball player, like at all.

Only reason he played a long time because he was tall and athletic and in his era, of you were tall and can jump, you can get a 10 year career.

There were plenty of tall and athletic guys in that era that avg 5 pts and 5 rebs and sucked.

The thing is, you don't wanna draft that guy number 1.

it doesn’t really work like what you are stating though. Lol. Being tall and athletic doesn’t automatically mean you can have a long career and get minutes (22 minutes per game for his career) in the NBA is all I’m pointing out. Yes, he under performed badly for a top 5 pick (and even worse as 1) but you have players that without major injuries and good physical gifts not last as long and get the minutes he did in the NBA.

I’m not saying he was a great or even good player but a Bust in my opinion are guys like Anthony Bennett(6’7”), Jan Vessley(6’11”) Adam Morrison(6’7”), Rafael arajual(7’0”), Patrick O’bryant(7’0”) etc..... those guys couldn’t sniff the court or was out of the league after or even before their rookie deals. Lol.

Fair point

And we can disagree on what a bust is....i wanted him to win when he was drafted....he didnt.....yet he "survived" lol and maintained a career and left the game in tact....simple as that to me

I hope this ends well

There's another video of Stephen A Smith making hit pieces on Kwame Brown on college tours. Another reason why Kwame spoke up in defense for himself and other players because the extra, over the top that Stephen A was doing can effect your endorsements and bigger contracts

lol them rape allegations been dead in the water. No one taking them seriously. No amount of #Metooing gonna convict him. Now then, not now, not in the future

Like Kwame, its too bad you're not in a space to accept it. Nothing about his apology sounded like PR, tho that's not to say someone ain't get in his ear. It came across him personally knowing the situation and knowing he overstepped a line. Nothing more or less
Nah ,if you really look into that shit,it's kinda shady.

First issue is,she wasn't legal and CTG went to pick her up personally.

There's just enough doubt around the couple versions I heard to form whatever opinion you see as probable.

The girl didn't testify so he pled out to a lesser charge.

He passed a DNA test,but that doesn't mean nothing happened and you'd need to know how long she waited to do the test.

shit suspect.

you can’t call niggas coons if you not in the streets doing the work

I know you not in the streets doing the work if you calling niggas “coons”

use your fucking words, niggas jump to insulting ppl who you don’t agree with

I could trash a nigga still talking about maga shit when your life ain’t did nothing but got worse since 45 left office, stupid ass lil niggas smh

whats wrong?

Back