The Kanye/Charlamagne Interview

Harvey Levin was on my local news station this morning and he said that he had two interactions w Kanye.

1. Personally, 1 on 1 for about 2 hours. He wasn’t explicit on their conversation but stated that Ye was clear-minded, lucid and interesting to listen to and that he did speak on what he said out loud on TMZ, but he never used those words like he did.

2. In the TMZ set, apparently that Ye, according to Harvey, is a different Ye than he spoke to previously. He said when Ye first arrived, he said out lout in the office, why is it so quiet in here? And as the rants went on, Harvey thinks he was doing this all to put on a show and thinks that he isn’t good at explaining himself and that he doesn’t think Ye really thinks that “slavery was a choice”.

Harvey Levin was on my local news station this morning and he said that he had two interactions w Kanye.

1. Personally, 1 on 1 for about 2 hours. He wasn’t explicit on their conversation but stated that Ye was clear-minded, lucid and interesting to listen to and that he did speak on what he said out loud on TMZ, but he never used those words like he did.

2. In the TMZ set, apparently that Ye, according to Harvey, is a different Ye than he spoke to previously. He said when Ye first arrived, he said out lout in the office, why is it so quiet in here? And as the rants went on, Harvey thinks he was doing this all to put on a show and thinks that he isn’t good at explaining himself and that he doesn’t think Ye really thinks that “slavery was a choice”.
then maybe hr shouldnt have put the vid out

Being entered into slavery is NOT a choice

Staying for hundreds of years was the choice repeatedly made. I’ve already declared it doesn’t absolve whites and I’m sure some will use that statement to do just that. But who cares what they use it to do for their conscience.

You can’t hold up Rosa, Nat, Harriet, Desalinne, Boukman and then say there was no choice.

Staying for hundreds of years isn’t a choice, though. They were forced. They did revolt. Some were successful in freedom, most weren’t.

They were both physically and mentally enslaved. They physically were forced, and mentally kept uneducated and not by choice. Today, mental slavery still exists and is an issue. Is mental slavery today the choice he’s talking about? Because that’s as logical and clear-minded I can come to. I couldn’t imagine he believes in the words he said. Looking at the interview, he looked down and stumble a second, I think he knew he fucked up.

Reactions: OriginalMan!
then maybe hr shouldnt have put the vid out

That’s what I thought, too. I mean, if he’s “off his meds” and he wasn’t the same Kanye, that should’ve been put up for a minute and let Kanye rewatch himself and reshoot? idk.. but it’s the media and they take every opportunity they can for a story.

No offense but I don’t wish to have this conversation with people who look like you. A least not yet.

You are certainly welcome to express your POV but I’m not receptive at this time.
LMAO

you not even receptive to the people that look like you

c'mon fam

Reactions: Zagreus
At the end of the day, if Kanye can do as much harm as y'all say he's doing..what does that say about us as black people?

I know what it says about America, but ya mean..Kanye words ain't
i dont care bout wtf that nigga talking bout, i just wanna know what really transpired between 2003 through 2018 to change his entire disposition on race, race relations and etc......
Member when 50 Cent said if money hasn't changed you, you haven't made enough?

When I was young and living in the hood and the city used to come through and fine people living in homes that had junk in the yard. I used to think, fucking white people always tryna give niggaz extra bills on top of the bills we already have.

Then when I got a very very little bit of money to afford to not live in the hood. And took pride in my home that I owned. Neighbors with junky yards next to my home make my neighborhood look bad and also take down the value of my home.

So now I don't view it as whites tryna bully blacks to clean up or pay fines. I look at it as the county as a whole trying the raise the overall value of the area and bring jobs in through small and commercial businesses.

Same with Kayne, his world view is based right now on his income level and his fame. His made enough money to disassociate himself from who he was before. Sort of an arrested development that he's struggling with in front of millions.

Reactions: Chicity
She would be smart to leave that crazy dude

It would be actually smart and from my POV, a safe decision.

Slavery wasn’t a choice but I’ll be damn if we didn’t fight back all the time.