Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Juneteenth Lounge

nah man. Yall gotta stop putting all that shit on hip hop
I'm not putting it on hiphop I'm putting it on the labels and rich white men pushing it and profiting off all of the fuckery, violence and death. It's cleary a concerted effort but you can't seem to get past "hiphop" like it's a trigger word for you.

Kmt. Stop quoting me whenever I say hiphop is problematic in our community if you're not ready to have to the conversation.

wall-talking.gif

I'm not putting it on hiphop I'm putting it on the labels and rich white men pushing it and profiting off all of the fuckery, violence and death. It's cleary a concerted effort but you can't seem to get past "hiphop" like it's a trigger word for you.

Kmt. Stop quoting me whenever I say hiphop is problematic in our community if you're not ready to have to the conversation.

View attachment 1262698

I agree with alot of ya points but YOU aint ready for the convo.. and until you make the thread ima keep quoting you ma nigga

🤣 :sayit:

Oh please, Hip Hop was never mature, NWA literally ushered in Hip Hop's takeover of popular music after Run DMC had to pretend they were rockstars. I was an adult watching Hip Hop takeover, it was immature shit rapping about bitches, hoes, drug dealing, sprinkled in with random Afrocentric shit.

Ice Cube literally rapping about fucking someone's teenage daughter and calling her a whore.

Or Slick Rick having a song literally called Treat Her like a Prostitute. And that motherfucker had all the gold in the world.

Of course yesterdays 14-24 year olds to today's 14-24 year olds look mature, you were one of them lol. That's looking at the past through rose colored glasses.

Niggas was just as stupid and silly and wild, actually even more wild because they were damn crackbabies that can't read and write. I was there in the NYC in the 70s and 80s and Cali in the 90s. Them motherfuckers wasn't mature. At least these young people sitting on the internet and making money by being stupid.

Lol, this is the problem I have with Black American popular culture today, old motherfuckers don't wanna let shit go because they have nothing else to look forward to other than the culture of their youth. They wanna monopolize the shit that ain't for them.

Young people deserve their own fucking youth culture. They don't need fucking 40-50 year olds in the damn kiddie pool, trying run shit that is literally meant for teenagers and young adults, it's in the fucking name. Like yeah, you should think 80 percent of Hip Hop songs are vapid when you are 40 and 50, it's not for you.

There's Denzel Curry, Saba, and Vince Staples that dropped the same year Killer Mike and Nas did. They over here can't get any nominations because niggas don't wanna grow the fuck up. They wanna be a 50 year old fucking rapper and other niggas that are grown as hell are like, "But Killer Mike has the right to rap at 50...yall just not mature enough to understand, Killer Mike did a lot for the culture."

No, nigga, you just not mature enough to move on lol.
I agree there was a lot of ignorance, but there was also a lot of commentary on the sociopolitical landscape.

And hip hop isn’t limited to just 14-24 year olds. There’s room for everybody. What you expect the people that gave their whole life to hip hop do, just ride off into the sunset? If athletes could play to 70 they would. The difference is the youth push them out because they’re more talented. Not the case with hip hop right now.

So the youth can only blame themselves for these old heads sticking around. To your point, NWA pushed out RUN DMC, Nas pushed out Rakim, new south pushed out old NY, etc.

Fat Joe gettin skinny.

GGBIroYWgAAD5QL

I talk about this in a pod.

If you were a dog and grew up in captivity where you were forced to fight against those that were the closest to you.

Its a built in condition that when ever someone is approaching you, even if they are family, they may be seeking to hurt you.

So one day, you are being transported by the people that breed y’all to fight. The vehicle break down. In the scramble to fix the issue the breeder leaves the door open.

One dog chews through its restraints and makes its way to the door. Just before leaving, it tries to save you. It starts feverishly chewing through the restraints on your body.

Having been through that all of what this seems like, is an attempt to hurt you. You attack the dog, the fight causes enough commotion to alert the breeders.

Now neither one of y’all get to leave

The moral of the story is, sometimes people that fight you when you try to help them, never have gotten help to even know what it is, to the point it seems like hurt.

And

Sometimes you gotta just leave the dogs behind when you get free.’cause they might just fuck around
All facts.

It’s the levels tho.

I expect a human to move different than an animal in the wild.

So when people walk away ….. yea
Giving you a fish vs teaching you to fish while bringing you to the lake. Sometimes it’s ok to stfu. Pride and ego can destroy a potential legacy
Tf is dos talking about

Hip Hop is for kids and young adults. Hip Hop isn't even the primarily genre of music I listen to at my age. I listen to Bossa Nova and shit. Sophisticated old man shit.

That's the thing that older Hip Hop fans refuse to admit. Hip Hop reflect the mindset of someone 14 to 24. What does a 14 year old to 24 year old want? Money, independence, status, rebellion, love, and sex.

And guess what, the young people make better music that appeals to everyone.

You know why Rock music died in the 2000s? Because old motherfuckers didn't want to fucking move on. That's why all the White kids listen to Hip Hop. White people was 35 plus, stilling talking about Metallica and Motely Crue.

Who wanna listen to a 40 year old rock star besides another 40 year old? You think an 18 year old was listening to fucking Killer Mike?

Travis Scott's album went number 1. Metro Boomin's album went number 1. Killer Mike went 58. Nobody listened to that shit. It doesn't even represent the ethos of Hip Hop. It's old nigga rap, "Get a job, go outside, when I was young - I did this".

A 48 year old man winning Best Rap Album is like a 28 year old college football player winning the Heisman. Like no, get the fuck outta here. Grow up.

lol Why do people keep saying Hip Hop is for kids and young adults? It's only 50 years old. It literally is just getting to a point where its even possible for it to be for old heads. It's like any other genre. It can be for whoever likes the music being made.

Back