Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Juneteenth Lounge

I listened to it and I had to turn on some Yeat to clean my ears out.

Killer Mike aged me about an extra 20 years.
The messed up thing about the whole killer Mike thing, is the amount of surprise people seem to have about people being surprised that he won. Like there’s quantifiable evidence leading up to it, that he would win.

No, it should be seen as a surprise and it should be seen as questionable. Cause it is. When you force yourself to deny what’s obviously infront of you. It’s a precursor to you being programmed with a form of cognitive dissonance.

Be surprised and bothered, cause you should be

The messed up thing about the whole killer Mike thing, is the amount of surprise people seem to have about people being surprised that he won. Like there’s quantifiable evidence leading up to it, that he would win.

No, it should be seen as a surprise and it should be seen as questionable. Cause it is. When you force yourself to deny what’s obviously infront of you. It’s a precursor to you being programmed with a form of cognitive dissonance.

Be surprised and bothered, cause you should be

Lol exactly.

Think about it.

Killer Mike made an album that is pretty much middlebrow respectability politics.

Yeah it was critically acclaimed and shit but was it really better than Travis Scott and Metro Boomin?

When Travis did the cohesive thematic shit they didn't give it to him and then when he went for hits they didn't give it to him.

Metro had a thematic cohesive album that he produced all by himself and didn't give it to him.

The Grammys are political when it comes to Black American music.

Lol if they wanted to give a Grammy to an outsider, they could've gave it to Vince Staples, Saba, Earl Sweatshirt or Denzel Curry.

But nah, they nominated two old motherfuckers and two establishment artists and gave it to the old motherfucker with his Booker T. Washington raps.

Lol exactly.

Think about it.

Killer Mike made an album that is pretty much middlebrow respectability politics.

Yeah it was critically acclaimed and shit but was it really better than Travis Scott and Metro Boomin?

When Travis did the cohesive thematic shit they didn't give it to him and then when he went for hits they didn't give it to him.

Metro had a thematic cohesive album that he produced all by himself and didn't give it to him.

The Grammys are political when it comes to Black American music.

Lol if they wanted to give a Grammy to an outsider, they could've gave it to Vince Staples, Saba, Earl Sweatshirt or Denzel Curry.

But nah, they nominated two old motherfuckers and two establishment artists and gave it to the old motherfucker with his Booker T. Washington raps.

yall would be complaining no matter who won the grammy if we being honest.

If it was a popular artist yall would be up in arms about the indie REAL hip hop artist not getting it.

Cant fuckin win. Muhfuckas just like being offended/outraged.

Let that man enjoy his grammy lol

yall would be complaining no matter who won the grammy if we being honest.

If it was a popular artist yall would be up in arms about the indie REAL hip hop artist not getting it.

Cant fuckin win. Muhfuckas just like being offended/outraged.

Let that man enjoy his grammy lol

No, I wouldn't be complaining if they gave it to someone that actually represents the ethos and spirit of Hip Hop.

50 year old rappers ain't it lol.

The worst is when they call and you hear it in they voice. And you hit em with damn this my mom let me call you right back
Lol like most ppl know I’d rather text than talk I’m not much for conversation especially over the phone bro keeps calling lol I text him back like u good he calls again then text me like

Call me back when u see this lol

Like fam tell me whats up in the text

Hip Hop is for kids and young adults. Hip Hop isn't even the primarily genre of music I listen to at my age. I listen to Bossa Nova and shit. Sophisticated old man shit.

That's the thing that older Hip Hop fans refuse to admit. Hip Hop reflect the mindset of someone 14 to 24. What does a 14 year old to 24 year old want? Money, independence, status, rebellion, love, and sex.

And guess what, the young people make better music that appeals to everyone.

You know why Rock music died in the 2000s? Because old motherfuckers didn't want to fucking move on. That's why all the White kids listen to Hip Hop. White people was 35 plus, stilling talking about Metallica and Motely Crue.

Who wanna listen to a 40 year old rock star besides another 40 year old? You think an 18 year old was listening to fucking Killer Mike?

Travis Scott's album went number 1. Metro Boomin's album went number 1. Killer Mike went 58. Nobody listened to that shit. It doesn't even represent the ethos of Hip Hop. It's old nigga rap, "Get a job, go outside, when I was young - I did this".

A 48 year old man winning Best Rap Album is like a 28 year old college football player winning the Heisman. Like no, get the fuck outta here. Grow up.
Kai Senat, is that you? 😂 Based on some of your arguments here and after I’m thinking it is.

Either way, based on your sales argument, Marvel should have racked up at the Oscars every year from 2016-2020.

And how you going to say hip hop is just hoes, clothes and jewelry. Did you just start listening? Yes it was led by 14-24 year olds, but those 14-24 year olds were much more mature than those today and cared about a lot more than hoes, clothes, and money.

Am I unwittingly part of a joke argument or something? 😂

Kai Senat, is that you? 😂 Based on some of your arguments here and after I’m thinking it is.

Either way, based on your sales argument, Marvel should have racked up at the Oscars every year from 2016-2020.

And how you going to say hip hop is just hoes, clothes and jewelry. Did you just start listening? Yes it was led by 14-24 year olds, but those 14-24 year olds were much more mature than those today and cared about a lot more than hoes, clothes, and money.

Am I unwittingly part of a joke argument or something? 😂

Oh please, Hip Hop was never mature, NWA literally ushered in Hip Hop's takeover of popular music after Run DMC had to pretend they were rockstars. I was an adult watching Hip Hop takeover, it was immature shit rapping about bitches, hoes, drug dealing, sprinkled in with random Afrocentric shit.

Ice Cube literally rapping about fucking someone's teenage daughter and calling her a whore.

Or Slick Rick having a song literally called Treat Her like a Prostitute. And that motherfucker had all the gold in the world.

Of course yesterdays 14-24 year olds to today's 14-24 year olds look mature, you were one of them lol. That's looking at the past through rose colored glasses.

Niggas was just as stupid and silly and wild, actually even more wild because they were damn crackbabies that can't read and write. I was there in the NYC in the 70s and 80s and Cali in the 90s. Them motherfuckers wasn't mature. At least these young people sitting on the internet and making money by being stupid.

Lol, this is the problem I have with Black American popular culture today, old motherfuckers don't wanna let shit go because they have nothing else to look forward to other than the culture of their youth. They wanna monopolize the shit that ain't for them.

Young people deserve their own fucking youth culture. They don't need fucking 40-50 year olds in the damn kiddie pool, trying run shit that is literally meant for teenagers and young adults, it's in the fucking name. Like yeah, you should think 80 percent of Hip Hop songs are vapid when you are 40 and 50, it's not for you.

There's Denzel Curry, Saba, and Vince Staples that dropped the same year Killer Mike and Nas did. They over here can't get any nominations because niggas don't wanna grow the fuck up. They wanna be a 50 year old fucking rapper and other niggas that are grown as hell are like, "But Killer Mike has the right to rap at 50...yall just not mature enough to understand, Killer Mike did a lot for the culture."

No, nigga, you just not mature enough to move on lol.

Last edited:
Back