Welcome To aBlackWeb

the juneteenth debate

are you for or against juneteenth becoming a federal holiday?

• For

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Against

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Doesnt really change much

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
@Mister B. @AZTG

I think y'all are giving people FAR too much credit by assuming that people other than black people (and shit, not even all black people) even know what the fuck Juneteenth really is. This shit ain't like MLK Day. If you grew up in this country, you have to know who MLK was and what he did. White folks won't be celebrating Juneteenth feeling like that did a good deed by freeing the slaves.

They're just gonna be at the house like 'Yeah, Uncle Sam say I ain't gotta work today...so I ain't working.'.

Here in California, Ceasar Chávez day is a state holiday. You think most people in this state know who the fuck CC is, what he did, or why his birthday is a holiday? No, only the niggas he directly affected. Everybody else is just like 'Nigga, we got a day off!'.
You're correct in your statement. I'm not in NY but if I remember correctly from what I was told that the state gets a bunch of Jewish holidays off.

@Mister B. @AZTG

I think y'all are giving people FAR too much credit by assuming that people other than black people (and shit, not even all black people) even know what the fuck Juneteenth really is. This shit ain't like MLK Day. If you grew up in this country, you have to know who MLK was and what he did. White folks won't be celebrating Juneteenth feeling like that did a good deed by freeing the slaves.

They're just gonna be at the house like 'Yeah, Uncle Sam say I ain't gotta work today...so I ain't working.'.

Here in California, Ceasar Chávez day is a state holiday. You think most people in this state know who the fuck CC is, what he did, or why his birthday is a holiday? No, only the niggas he directly affected. Everybody else is just like 'Nigga, we got a day off!'.

Facts. What I said had nothing to do with those people anyway, who are the majority.

I call these threads coon traps. They only made to lure in people so they can be called coon or worse for not agreeing with thread starter.

I guess the opposition to OP was too overwhelming this time though.

I don’t know why I find this shit so funny:hahaha:

kjwaUeTf_400x400.jpg

Come on down to popeyes for my new JuneTeenth celebration chicken and biscuits for just $6.19

Made with special farm raised hens straight from texas that's been held in captivity 2 years longer than our other chickens so you know it god that mmm-mmm extra popeyes goodness

Love that chicken from popeyes🎼

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I call these threads coon traps. They only made to lure in people so they can be called coon or worse for not agreeing with thread starter.

I guess the opposition to OP was too overwhelming this time though.

lmao @ being lured into threads that you willfully click on

you sir are not a coon but a gotdamn idiot

let me guess, someone put a gun to your head and forced you to comment that weak shit?

:foh3:

The worry is that itll be a celebration of a good deed.

Like look at how great America is, we freed the slaves!

The context of 400 years of slavery and all of the horrible shit will be brushed under the table. And itll be another reason for america to jerk itself off for a good deed they did like fighting to free slaves.

And why? Because Merica.

Still make it a national holiday btw. Not against it. For it actually. Just pointing out that there is a valid reason for the concerns people have.

thats it and thats all

personally i love Black twitter because its one of the few social media outlets where people actually question shit instead of fist bumping each other to an oblivion like on ig or facebook

for example: someone casually joked about some songs from the 2000's, and it snowballed into folks actually believing the OP was serious. folks deadass hopped on social media (including here) crying "twitter is trying to cancel 'cater 2 U'!!! THIS IS AN ATTACK ON THE BLACK MAN!!!”

😭😄😭😭😭😭😭

tbh there aren't enough conversations about the weird, voyeuristic relationship much of the world has with Black Twitter. i usually focus on the parasitic ways white people and other large corporations engage with it but something should be said about the ways other Black people engage with Black twitter as well

All this sounds like is people are way too easily influenced by the collective idiocy of social media vehicles such as Black Twitter.

Sounds like of bandwidth and intelligence was wasted on this topic.

To quote Dan LeBatard: “I don’t respect Twitter…..it’s Twitter.”

@Mister B. @AZTG

I honestly don’t see no problem with this

Technically speaking, Juneteenth is specifically for black Americans to “”celebrate and honor”””

Back