Welcome To aBlackWeb

the juneteenth debate

are you for or against juneteenth becoming a federal holiday?

• For

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Against

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Doesnt really change much

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
It’s more than a “day off.” Most educators don’t give a fuck cause we’re already done. But if this is a another day to educate the masses on WHY, what’s wrong with that?

Muhfuckas look at MLK Day as “a day off”, but we still celebrate him on his day just the same.

Last edited:
If the federal holidays can still celebrate a murdering rapist like Christopher Columbus or slave-owning Presidents, I don't see anything wrong in giving the last enslaved black folks some flowers.

Muhfuckas complain of ANYTHING.
Bruh, people bitched and complained that it wasn’t a federal holiday. Now that it is one, they complaining that it is.

what makes black Twitter happy? Is it anything that they are happy about?

either way idc. We been doing it out here in TX, so don’t shit change for me. I’m already off.

They dunno what they want besides someone giving them anything to bitch about.

kjwaUeTf_400x400.jpg

Come on down to popeyes for my new JuneTeenth celebration chicken and biscuits for just $6.19

Made with special farm raised hens straight from texas that's been held in captivity 2 years longer than our other chickens so you know it god that mmm-mmm extra popeyes goodness

Love that chicken from popeyes🎼

This too real

If the federal holidays can still celebrate a murdering rapist like Christopher Columbus or slave-owning Presidents, I don't see anything wrong in giving the last enslaved black folks some flowers.
Muhfuckas complain of ANYTHING.

And needless to say these VERY same people complaining now, would be complete outraged had the bill failed🤬

Citing it as a prime example of black people history being ignored and denigrated

It’s more than a “day off.” Most educators don’t give a fuck cause we’re already done. But if this is a another day to educate the masses on WHY, what’s wrong with that?

Muhfuckas look at MLK Day as “a day off”, but we still celebrate him on his day just the same.

The worry is that itll be a celebration of a good deed.

Like look at how great America is, we freed the slaves!

The context of 400 years of slavery and all of the horrible shit will be brushed under the table. And itll be another reason for america to jerk itself off for a good deed they did like fighting to free slaves.

And why? Because Merica.

Still make it a national holiday btw. Not against it. For it actually. Just pointing out that there is a valid reason for the concerns people have.

@Mister B. @AZTG

I think y'all are giving people FAR too much credit by assuming that people other than black people (and shit, not even all black people) even know what the fuck Juneteenth really is. This shit ain't like MLK Day. If you grew up in this country, you have to know who MLK was and what he did. White folks won't be celebrating Juneteenth feeling like that did a good deed by freeing the slaves.

They're just gonna be at the house like 'Yeah, Uncle Sam say I ain't gotta work today...so I ain't working.'.

Here in California, Ceasar Chávez day is a state holiday. You think most people in this state know who the fuck CC is, what he did, or why his birthday is a holiday? No, only the niggas he directly affected. Everybody else is just like 'Nigga, we got a day off!'.

@Mister B. @AZTG

I think y'all are giving people FAR too much credit by assuming that people other than black people (and shit, not even all black people) even know what the fuck Juneteenth really is. This shit ain't like MLK Day. If you grew up in this country, you have to know who MLK was and what he did. White folks won't be celebrating Juneteenth feeling like that did a good deed by freeing the slaves.

They're just gonna be at the house like 'Yeah, Uncle Sam say I ain't gotta work today...so I ain't working.'.

Here in California, Ceasar Chávez day is a state holiday. You think most people in this state know who the fuck CC is, what he did, or why his birthday is a holiday? No, only the niggas he directly affected. Everybody else is just like 'Nigga, we got a day off!'.
That's why I said we can educate people on why this holiday is here and why's it's important to a group of people. You're right; it's not going to apply to most people. Neither does Columbus Day, but we all still observe it. Neither does MLK Day, for that matter. The knowledge for this can grow over the years.

Back