Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Game Room (Random Discussion)

I need them to make another 3rd person open world game where you start from nothing like a GTA 4

I hate that the GTA Trilogy was such a shitty port and the GTA 4 remaster got canceled because of it

Man, if Ubisoft don’t suck my fucking dick wit that Ubisoft plus shit. Making the same 5 games for the past 10 years

Ima call it right now

Games are gonna move past the who gamestop physical game model and move towards a new streaming model

Where your game goes to steam, PlayStation store and game pass

And your sales are based on Full game downloads, dlc downloads, gamers time spent playing the games, achievements unlocked, and rank of most played games.

It’s gonna be incentive based and means your gonna get really shit games or epic games with no in-between

As as music albums, really shit or really epic, no in-between

Ima call it right now

Games are gonna move past the who gamestop physical game model and move towards a new streaming model

And your sales are based on Full game downloads, dlc downloads, gamers time spent playing the games, achievements unlocked, and rank of most played games.

It’s gonna be incentive based and means your gonna get really shit games or epic games with no in-between

I think next gen will be fully stream based gaming. Just like on the Xbox 360/ ps3 days brought more DLC and some downloading of games. Then the x1 / ps4 era basically almost really stopped physical gaming.

Tapes and CDs are gone

DVD and Blu-ray’s are here but you can stream, it’s over

Just gaming is next

Ima call it right now

You can already stream games

You can already stream games
I know, I’m saying the result from digital sales and streaming will be then primary way of gauging sales. Incentive based contracts to stream on my service.

It’s the only way eventually they will be able to compete with one another. If they do exclusive deals and the games are shit and no one plays it. That hurts their streaming service. It keeps their subs down.

So what’s going to make the difference is how we used to look at Taketwo and Capcon. Does your streaming service have a reputation for quality content. A good way from them to gauge if your game gives their streaming service that reputation. Is to not only monitor engagement but incentivize payments based on engagement.

Not just physical copies and downloads. The performance of your game to players will matter more, not just that your advertisement company did a good job in getting people to want to play it until they realize it’s shit.

And now it’s just taking up space on the server until the time to drop it arrives.

Ima call it right now

You late

I know there is a video game section but I want to ask here

Anyone ever play Netflix video games?
And how???
Technically, yeah, they bought the rights to the mobile version of Into the Breach. So if you have Netflix, it's free to download. I haven't touched any of the other titles, though.

I know, I’m saying the result from digital sales and streaming will be then primary way of gauging sales. Incentive based contracts to stream on my service.

It’s the only way eventually they will be able to compete with one another. If they do exclusive deals and the games are shit and no one plays it. That hurts their streaming service. It keeps their subs down.

So what’s going to make the difference is how we used to look at Taketwo and Capcon. Does your streaming service have a reputation for quality content. A good way from them to gauge if your game gives their streaming service that reputation. Is to not only monitor engagement but incentivize payments based on engagement.

Not just physical copies and downloads. The performance of your game to players will matter more, not just that your advertisement company did a good job in getting people to want to play it until they realize it’s shit.

And now it’s just taking up space on the server until the time to drop it arrives.
I'm not sure I'm following. You're talking cloud gaming? Or gaming as a service?

Ima call it right now

Duh

Technically, yeah, they bought the rights to the mobile version of Into the Breach. So if you have Netflix, it's free to download. I haven't touched any of the other titles, though.

I'm not sure I'm following. You're talking cloud gaming? Or gaming as a service?
Xbox was Gamepass but you can also get games with gold, EAPlay or Ubisoft plus. Gaming is becoming what tv is now.

So you have Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu…etc.

And wheather or not a show continues to stream on a video platform is totally based on viewer engagement. Where before it was done purely on rating, now there’s all kinds of KPI’s that they use.

So imagine with all these gaming platforms leaning towards offering up games packaged in access to specific tier services. You can see the shift of gaming becoming more based on engagement and not just sales.

I don't know about the other platforms but PS has the ability to stream games through their cloud service. I know in the premium tier you can do it. I can't remember if the other tiers allow it. I doubt it though. I also haven't tried it yet. It's something I need to do before my subscription ends so I know whether I want to keep the premium or not

I assume Xbox and PC have it as well
Game pass encompasses all, games with gold gives you deals and free play days, EAPlay gives you access to all Ea games, Ubisoft plus gives you access to all Ubisoft games..

But like I said with Game Pass it’s almost all of them on one tier. Yet game Pass is the most reliant on subs. So over time, they won’t host games that perform badly because they have tiers to compete with.

And they want people to chose Game pass over every.

Finally finished ghost of tsushima. Ran it up when they dropped legends last year and decided to buy the whole game then proceeded to never play it. 🤦🏿

Main story was tough.

Back