Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Game Room (Random Discussion)

You missing out. The movies not the wack lego game

Shit always seemed wack to me but I admit I never gave it a fair chance. Its a lot of big movie series like that one that I've never bothered to watch but I always say one day ima sit down and just start binging shit.

Shit always seemed wack to me but I admit I never gave it a fair chance. Its a lot of big movie series like that one that I've never bothered to watch but I always say one day ima sit down and just start binging shit.

Unpopular opinion... You're not missing a thing. 🤷🏿‍♂️

The Embracer Group has done an incredible deal with Square Enix by the looks of things. The Swedish video game publisher group, which already owns THQ Nordic, Aspyr Media and Gearbox, amongst others, has agreed to purchase Eidos-Montréal, Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix Montreal from Square Enix, for a nifty $300 million. The deal also includes the acquisition of a number of notable IPs, including Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Thief and Legacy of Kain, to name a few.

In addition, the “agreement to acquire” will include more than 50 games from Square Enix’s back catalogue, according to the official press release from Embracer Group this morning. The decision to sell off a major chunk of its Western development studios now is an interesting one from Square Enix. Considering that the next Tomb Raider game was only recently announced by Crystal Dynamics, it’s definitely a choice move to sell off such an iconic IP (alongside notable others) and these studios for what amounts to a somewhat bargain price. Especially when you consider what Embracer spent on acquiring Gearbox ($1.3 billion) in March last year.

The rationale from Square Enix is intriguing, as they’ve put the sale down in part to the company’s desire to move further into blockchain technology. Their own press releasedoes add, however, that the company will retain control and continue to publish other Square Enix IPs, such as Life Is Strange, Just Cause and Outriders.

Mafia: Definitive Edition impressed audiences in September 2020. Following the lackluster player response to Mafia 3, remaking the first game and remastering the second reminded fans what the series was capable of and why the future could mean bigger and better additions to the franchise. According to a new report from Kotaku, Hangar 13 is currently hard at work on a Mafia prequel. The game is being made in Unreal Engine 5 instead of the Illusion Engine that powered both Mafia 3 and Mafia: Definitive Edition.

Yesterday, 2K Games announced that Hangar 13 studio head Haden Blackman would be leaving the company after seven years. The statement reveals that Blackman is “leaving the company to pursue his passion at a new endeavor.”

The full email announcing Blackman’s departure also addresses Hangar 13’s new leadership.

Yo idk why I thought that shit was gonna be dope and nobody I know even mentioned it at all
The trailer was excellent lol

Plus battlefield was going back modern after people being sour on BF5 initially and after BF1 and BF4 being one of the best ones

got duped

The trailer was excellent lol

Plus battlefield was going back modern after people being sour on BF5 initially and after BF1 and BF4 being one of the best ones

got duped

Facts but I feel like when they did the trailer showing the battle royale with defibrillator i should’ve known. I’m wondering did they even let you destroy environments

Capcom plans on publishing new major games in the upcoming year, according to the company’s latest financial results report. The biggest game coming this year is Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, the premium expansion of Monster Hunter Rise. But more games are on the way, as Capcom “plans to release multiple major new titles.”

The company plans to release more games this upcoming year than it ever did. Capcom wants to release 45 SKUs this year, versus the 24 SKUs shipped last year. The company expects to sell a total of 37 million units, with 10 million units coming from new titles. Last year, Capcom sold a total of 32,600 units. That was already better than in 2020 and 2021, when the company sold respectively 25,500 and 30,100 units. Capcom plans on having its biggest year to date in terms of both units sold and revenues in the fiscal year 2023.

Capcom’s revenues mainly rely on two major licenses: Monster Hunter and Resident Evil. The company already announced several updates for these games. Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, an expansion to the original game, will be coming to Nintendo Switch and PC on June 30, 2022. Resident Evil 2, 3, and 7 should be coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S this year. A multiplayer mode called Resident Evil Re:Verse should also release in 2022, even though its release date was already pushed back several times.

To achieve its goals for this upcoming fiscal year, Capcom can also count on some new titles. Capcom Fighting Collection, a compilation of 10 arcade fighting games, will come out on June 24, 2022. Still on the topic of arcade games, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium will release on July 22, 2022. Street Fighter 6 should also be available this Summer. More Capcom games are expected in 2023, such as Exoprimal and Pragmata.

Back