Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The fast food wages+ thread

Even though im not against this...people are going to be in for a rude awakening once them unemployment checks stop.

What people dont realize is that it doesnt if mcdonalds makes 4 dollars, 4 million, or 4 billion in profit. Fast food is all about sales and market share. It sells cheap, slighly addictive food at scale. The biggest thing for mcdonalds is that a big mac is cheaper and better tasting than a whopper.

And nobody is going to care is some fry cook makes $20/hr, they're not payin 8 dollars for a big mac.

So these fast food companies are paying short term for the labor shortage caused by govt assistance. Once that govt assistance inevitably runs out, they'll go back to their old tricks.

Bruh... your name is literally "25 sent sandwich". I'm not sure if you're qualified to weigh in on this topic.

Been a bit.. But no lies are told in article

The problem with Door Dash, Postmates, and the like is that they demand that you tip up front, before the service is rendered.

wheredeydodatat???

Tipping is for good service, how the fuck can you determine what a tip should be if you haven't even received the food yet? Last night the missus ordered Burger King 'cause the ride has to go into the shop today. ALL the food was cold, 3 out of 4 fries were missing, only one drink came (should have been 5), but you want a fuckin tip???

1211525484_d6f3ad5b5e_w.jpg

It is infinitely ironic how the essential jobs are the ones people showed the most disdain for.
I've always believed that every job is "essential" and should be given proper respect.
For all the engineers and doctors, somebody has to dig these ditches.
And we need people to keep digging these ditches, and other such jobs, for our society to function.
Meaning people need to be making a liveable wage and the best conditions possible to keep them doing such jobs.

This is an example of the USA eating itself.
It will be interesting to see where the dust settles.

I’m not sure those McDonald kiosk are even helpful. The McDonald by my house doesn’t feel any faster with the kiosk, if anything my food takes longer and the people not providing service with any enthusiasm.

Back