Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Juneteenth Lounge

Y'all not team players
I am loyal to no company because none of them are loyal to us.

I still need to keep my job of course, so I ignore the call in a case by case basis. If it’s my boss, I may consider answering.

But the nigga in London that I’m in no way beholden to? You better shoot me a message, lol.

My employees, hell no, lol. They know better though and they be on the type of time I be on.

I always leave these meetings feeling like a coon lmao

I keep being told I have too many vacation time and I need to take time off… it’s so bad that they told me to take the afternoon off

Didn't know what thread to put it in because there's a bunch of min wage threads

As someone who has driving for both, I don’t like this. I always said that Uber and Lyft was never supposed to be a full time job. I would always do it on nights and most weekends and when I felt like doing it

As someone who has driving for both, I don’t like this. I always said that Uber and Lyft was never supposed to be a full time job. I would always do it on nights and most weekends and when I felt like doing it

Whether or not it's supposed to be a full time job is irrelevant to the wages paid. The minimum wage exists for a reason. Companies shouldn't be able to pull little tricks in how they define their business to get around paying what a particular city deems as a fair wage.

lol The idea that a company shouldn't have to pay you a fair wage because you're only looking at the job as a side hustle is kinda hilarious. The profits you and other drivers were making them damn sure isn't side hustle money.

Whether or not it's supposed to be a full time job is irrelevant to the wages paid. The minimum wage exists for a reason. Companies shouldn't be able to pull little tricks in how they define their business to get around paying what a particular city deems as a fair wage.

lol The idea that a company shouldn't have to pay you a fair wage because you're only looking at the job as a side hustle is kinda hilarious. The profits you and other drivers were making them damn sure isn't side hustle money.
Man. When I was still living in Jersey, the company that I was working for pulled something like that. The whole business park that we worked at was in the Philly metro area. That means the companies in that area got paid along the lines of what the metro area pays. We found out that we didn't get paid the same. Their reply was that across the street from our company was in the Philly metro area, and we wasn't.

They going to come for doordash next. When they push those hours wages then you will have to adhere to a schedule and penalties for not accepting orders and I know folks that do drive will not like that shit.

They going to come for doordash next. When they push those hours wages then you will have to adhere to a schedule and penalties for not accepting orders and I know folks that do drive will not like that shit.

I definitely wouldn’t. I liked the freedom of doing it when I wanted to

I definitely wouldn’t. I liked the freedom of doing it when I wanted to

We already have a system for that type of thing in place though. It's call contract work. They can treat people that work the way you're talking about as 1099 employees. That's not why the company is fighting this. They just don't want to have to fairly compensate the people that are out there putting in big hours.

Girls be thinking I be on IG looking at big booty content when I be really watching this type of content all the time

Back