Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DOS_patos @OhMars

I'm constantly wondering to myself how black men, over a certain age, are supposed to make new friends. Literally every single one of my friends are people I've known since high school or niggas I met not long after high school, playing ball in various places.

Next time I'm in Home Depot or the gym or wherever, I'ma go up to the first black dude I see and be like 'Hey bro, you trying be friends and shit?'.

Nigga gon' punch me in the face and run away. SMH.
Bars help. Especially sports bars.

I found me a whole new circle of muhfuckas in the last year at a local sports bar. Now, we do a lot of out-of-bar shit: fight parties, 4th of July BBQ, even went to of ours baby shower.

Honestly, between them, my Del State people, my Lincoln U people, and my frat, there's too many. Glad spread myself thin.

I get it. Im working through this with my 8 year old. Hes my only child that can understand respect and reciprocate it

My 1 and 2 year old dont know anything about respect, they just be doing stuff. I might give my 2 year old a lil pluck on the hand when his being bad and not listening when I tell him to stop when he actually know better.

Like today, he know not to write on the walls.

So he was extra slick today. He had his crayons and I told him put them up. So he put them in the ziplock bag and gave them to me. What I didnt notice was that slide one under his shirt. So he walked in his room and shut the door so he can write on it and i dont see. Gave him a good ass pluck on his hands. He dont respect shit right now lol

View attachment 600036
They make washable crayons and markers now right?

At every job I have had since college I ve made exactly one life long friend

crazy though there are ppl u think are ur friends and as soon u leave that job U don’t hear from them no more

I'm admittedly terrible at that pointless small talk shit people do with their co workers so unless a work related conversation leads to something else then I really don't talk to them outside of work or work related things. My old job used to do monthly happy hours. In 5 years I went to exactly 0.

I'm admittedly terrible at that pointless small talk shit people do with their co workers so unless a work related conversation leads to something else then I really don't talk to them outside of work or work related things. My old job used to do monthly happy hours. In 5 years I went to exactly 0.
I used to be like this...til I was told that’s really how and where the promotions are determined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back