Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DOS_patos @OhMars

I'm constantly wondering to myself how black men, over a certain age, are supposed to make new friends. Literally every single one of my friends are people I've known since high school or niggas I met not long after high school, playing ball in various places.

Next time I'm in Home Depot or the gym or wherever, I'ma go up to the first black dude I see and be like 'Hey bro, you trying be friends and shit?'.

Nigga gon' punch me in the face and run away. SMH.

@DOS_patos @OhMars

I'm constantly wondering to myself how black men, over a certain age, are supposed to make new friends. Literally every single one of my friends are people I've known since high school or niggas I met not long after high school, playing ball in various places.

Next time I'm in Home Depot or the gym or wherever, I'ma go up to the first black dude I see and be like 'Hey bro, you trying be friends and shit?'.

Nigga gon' punch me in the face and run away. SMH.

I can 100% say I havent let a new person in my circle since I was like 27.

Shit just dont happen

I feel the same...in theory. In practice though? It honestly doesn't make me feel good when I'm in those situations where it becomes clear that my 12 years old is terrified of me when I get into certain zones.

I dunno, man.

I get it. Im working through this with my 8 year old. Hes my only child that can understand respect and reciprocate it

My 1 and 2 year old dont know anything about respect, they just be doing stuff. I might give my 2 year old a lil pluck on the hand when his being bad and not listening when I tell him to stop when he actually know better.

Like today, he know not to write on the walls.

So he was extra slick today. He had his crayons and I told him put them up. So he put them in the ziplock bag and gave them to me. What I didnt notice was that slide one under his shirt. So he walked in his room and shut the door so he can write on it and i dont see. Gave him a good ass pluck on his hands. He dont respect shit right now lol

94468FBC-C4D9-46A4-A50E-35D56C5BB966.jpeg

Legit since I graduated I've made 2 "new" friends and both of them are former coworkers. Outside of that my main circle are 5 people I met between the age of 12-19.
At every job I have had since college I ve made exactly one life long friend

crazy though there are ppl u think are ur friends and as soon u leave that job U don’t hear from them no more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back