Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol...no it isn't

The pronunciation has to with accent

Not every white person pronounces a word with 'er' with the hard sound...depending on accent/region/country, it's pronounced with the 'ah' sound

You're smarter and more learned than this Monk

We're not talking about accents. We're talking about intentional distinction between -er and -a. There are plenty of black people that don't replace -er with -a in words like brother, cover, and roller, but still say "nigga." Sure, there might be some white people with accents that make their -er words sound like they end with -a, but if they call a black person a "nigga" you know full well they aren't doing that intentionally.

Also as far as I know, non-rhoticity is far more prevalent in black dialects than white ones. I'm from the south where its most common and I can't say I recall white people dropping r sounds like us, but I could be wrong.

Its many people who would make that argument towards nigga being used by non blacks. I’m not saying it’s the same struggle but just like redskin is defensive so is nigger so is faggot not matter the context. It’s simple. I like the song but I’m not in the lbgqt community. It seems real simple bro.

Ya'll really have to start reading before you start arguing. I said in my first post that gays have the right to be offended by the use of the word regardless of the context. My point was that it's disingenuous to listen to that song and claim that the word is being used directly as an insult towards gay people. It's not.

Ya'll really have to start reading before you start arguing. I said in my first post that gays have the right to be offended by the use of the word regardless of the context. My point was that it's disingenuous to listen to that song and claim that the word is being used directly as an insult towards gay people. It's not.

bruh the essence of the word is an insult tho. And again I get it we are speaking of a hypothetical. As far as I know nobody has ever came at Styles for that song. It a white rapper made a song called bitch ass nigga it’s the same concept. We can say oh he didn’t mean it like that but it does not really matter. That’s what I’m saying.

Texas girl played dead then called for help after a shooter killed her parents and 6-year-old sister, her family said.

The 10-year-old’s relatives said she was shot in the arm at a Houston apartment Wednesday night then called her grandma on FaceTime when it was safe, KTRK reported. Her 1-year-old brother was uninjured, the news outlet reported.

“She said, ‘Granny, someone came in and shot me, my mom, my dad, and my sister, and they dead,’‘ Angela Ervin, a relative, told KTRK. “She was in the house for about 15 minutes with the bodies until we got here.’”

“She FaceTimed her grandmother...showed her everything,” Tamera Denton told the news outlet.

Assistant Police Chief Patty Cantu said the grandmother called 911 after learning of the shooting from the girl. The shooting happened in the living room of the apartment, she said.

Texas girl played dead then called for help after a shooter killed her parents and 6-year-old sister, her family said.

The 10-year-old’s relatives said she was shot in the arm at a Houston apartment Wednesday night then called her grandma on FaceTime when it was safe, KTRK reported. Her 1-year-old brother was uninjured, the news outlet reported.

“She said, ‘Granny, someone came in and shot me, my mom, my dad, and my sister, and they dead,’‘ Angela Ervin, a relative, told KTRK. “She was in the house for about 15 minutes with the bodies until we got here.’”

“She FaceTimed her grandmother...showed her everything,” Tamera Denton told the news outlet.

Assistant Police Chief Patty Cantu said the grandmother called 911 after learning of the shooting from the girl. The shooting happened in the living room of the apartment, she said.

Thanks for sharing...

4k2jr2.png

bruh the essence of the word is an insult tho. And again I get it we are speaking of a hypothetical. As far as I know nobody has ever came at Styles for that song. It a white rapper made a song called bitch ass nigga it’s the same concept. We can say oh he didn’t mean it like that but it does not really matter. That’s what I’m saying.

I hear what you're saying, but think of it like this. If a white boy made a song called Kill Them Niggas and it was just a generic song about being violent, black people would be mad he used the N word but we wouldn't be accusing him of promoting lynchings.

I had figured. Seem like those the only ones and financial shit and security that would care
Shit fuck me up, cause I coulda swore I was good, aced the interview, background check came back clean, fam said I gotta do a drug test, went to the store and copped a home drug test just to make sure, shit came back clean, but popped dirty at the clinic. Dude in HR just straight up stop taking my calls and responding to my emails
:hahaha:
Had me totally fucked up in the head for a week or so

Shit fuck me up, cause I coulda swore I was good, aced the interview, background check came back clean, fam said I gotta do a drug test, went to the store and copped a home drug test just to make sure, shit came back clean, but popped dirty at the clinic. Dude in HR just straight up stop taking my calls and responding to my emails
:hahaha:
Had me totally fucked up in the head for a week or so

That shit lame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back