Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
So baseball season is here; Alabama doesn't have any major pro sports teams. Outside of SEC football, there's really nothing else.

We got our first minor league baseball team a couple of years ago. Anyway, ppl were excited to finally have an official team until they unveiled what the mascot would be.

91c8b99c5a0a986b80f453216e5a2542.jpg

b3Uz4UFj_400x400.jpg

A mothafackin biscuit😒. Country ass shit. I hate it here tbh 😔. Thanks @Maywood .

So baseball season is here; Alabama doesn't have any major pro sports teams. Outside of SEC football, there's really nothing else.

We got our first minor league baseball team a couple of years ago. Anyway, ppl were excited to finally have an official team until they unveiled what the mascot would be.

91c8b99c5a0a986b80f453216e5a2542.jpg

b3Uz4UFj_400x400.jpg

A mothafackin biscuit😒. Country ass shit. I hate it here tbh 😔. Thanks @Maywood .
What’s it like living in Alabama?

Nah, used to.
When I was working for the city in my area, we used to have to go and work in the rural areas of where I live. There were so many dirt roads that the city maintained. One time I asked one of my co workers who’s been working there for years. Why doesn’t the city just pave these roads and be done with it. His response was that the people who live out here don’t want paved roads. Blew my mind that people actually want rural areas to stay rural. At that moment at the same time I got why people like living in the country. I can’t fuck wit it, but I get it. Do you prefer rural over city areas?

When I was working for the city in my area, we used to have to go and work in the rural areas of where I live. There were so many dirt roads that the city maintained. One time I asked one of my co workers who’s been working there for years. Why doesn’t the city just pave these roads and be done with it. His response was that the people who live out here don’t want paved roads. Blew my mind that people actually want rural areas to stay rural. At that moment at the same time I got why people like living in the country. I can’t fuck wit it, but I get it. Do you prefer rural over city areas?
Being in the woods was iight bc it was quiet and more privacy. I prefer the city bc it's convenient.

Ralph Bakshi movies are crazy

This is one is especially trippy...a lot of social relevance, then and now

If you're easily offended, sit this one out...this is a story told by a young (at the time) jewish guy, possibly trippin on acid at the time he wrote this lol, in the mid 70s

Lots of metaphors that are supposed to highlight the hypocrisy/treachery of America and the effects thereof on "Black life"

Being in the woods was iight bc it was quiet and more privacy. I prefer the city bc it's convenient.
I can dig how you feel about the woods, I had dated a girl that lived in the woods, her family was loaded and owned land. I go to visit her one time and the evening came. She pushed me and ran off and I go to chase her and look up like...yoooooo, have those stars always been up there like that? The night sky is definitely something city dwellers can never fully appreciate. The night sky, as you already know, is beautiful in the country.

On prime? My mans shameir in that.

It's good.

I was waitin for the twist that gave a reason for this to be a movie, I was half way in and just skipped to the last 10 minutes. And, I mean, at least they didn’t make the black dude black out and kill everyone. But having the white chick die for him while he cried on the ground? That dont sit well wit me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was waitin for the twist that gave a reason for this to be a movie, I was half way in and just skipped to the last 10 minutes. And, I mean, at least they didn’t make the black dude black out and kill everyone. But having the white chick die for him while he cried on the ground? That dont sit well wit me.

You really wanted them to go to space and murder a black man? Murder anyone period?

A life unfortunately had to be given up. They tried. She tried. It was what it was. 2 of them had to die at that point she did that to only make it one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back