Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
sunglasses-off-sunglasses.gif

ULTRA COMBO!!

@LurkerSix

idk man this might be too much for my dad

View attachment 870325
Yea it might be. Im sure he'd figure it all out, but it would be one of those cases where hes sitting in the car fidgeting with the menu for 5 mins to find something. That would cause all kinds of problems doing that in a parking lot or on the road. If you go with a traditional automaker, their electric cars are more like regular cars with buttons ect. But all of them got screens you gotta learn.

Prob gunna have to keep visiting dealerships to narrow your list down, then maybe have him pick one to test drive or rent on Turo for a few hours or a day to see if he can handle it. And since you said that Tesla is too low, might was try a cross over or one of those small SUV's.

Here some videos on electric cars, you can FF the video to the interior parts to give you an idea of what it would be like. You can compare it to the Tesla you saw to see if its simpler.

Ford Mustang Mach-E

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Kia EV6

Volvo Polestar 2
(this interior seemed the simplest, but idk ur price range)

Volkswagen ID4

(Gotta let you know tho, auto journalist crucified this car. Called it all typed of trash lol.)

Then you got the new Ford Lightning (electric f150, but i heard they're all sold out an on back order), Audi Etron and a few other coming out.
And last but not least, can get a cheap ass Nissan Leaf. But i doubt you shopping for something that small and cheap.

Took me getting all the way to grand central terminal to learn there's a Pride parade in the city today

Wtf

Yea it might be. Im sure he'd figure it all out, but it would be one of those cases where hes sitting in the car fidgeting with the menu for 5 mins to find something. That would cause all kinds of problems doing that in a parking lot or on the road. If you go with a traditional automaker, their electric cars are more like regular cars with buttons ect. But all of them got screens you gotta learn.

Prob gunna have to keep visiting dealerships to narrow your list down, then maybe have him pick one to test drive or rent on Turo for a few hours or a day to see if he can handle it. And since you said that Tesla is too low, might was try a cross over or one of those small SUV's.

Here some videos on electric cars, you can FF the video to the interior parts to give you an idea of what it would be like. You can compare it to the Tesla you saw to see if its simpler.

Ford Mustang Mach-E

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Kia EV6

Volvo Polestar 2
(this interior seemed the simplest, but idk ur price range)

Volkswagen ID4

(Gotta let you know tho, auto journalist crucified this car. Called it all typed of trash lol.)

Then you got the new Ford Lightning (electric f150, but i heard they're all sold out an on back order), Audi Etron and a few other coming out.
And last but not least, can get a cheap ass Nissan Leaf. But i doubt you shopping for something that small and cheap.

Thanks but I already have the Tesla lol (it was never a question of if I’m getting it I just wanted to ask anybody who had one how steep the learning curve would be for an old man lol)

I’ll give you some more context, this is our 2nd car I’m just letting my dad use it for like a month or two until he can buy another car because his truck is giving him issues

Thanks but I already have the Tesla lol (it was never a question of if I’m getting it I just wanted to ask anybody who had one how steep the learning curve would be for an old man lol)

I’ll give you some more context, this is our 2nd car I’m just letting my dad use it for like a month or two until he can buy another car because his truck is giving him issues
In that case, just show him the basics and tell him not to worry bout anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back