Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently, a Blerd is a real thing. (Black Nerd)

Why? Is a black nerd, white nerd and Asian nerd different?

Also, I see the definition of the word NERD has changed

So apparently, a Blerd is a real thing. (Black Nerd)

Why? Is a black nerd, white nerd and Asian nerd different?

Also, I see the definition of the word NERD has changed
A dude i went to high school with formed a company with a dude he cool with called "Blerd-ish"...they do comic pop ups in the city, they sell an original comic i believe and they be tapped into all the shit video games, anime, etc...

i keep missing the events, but i'm really trying to pop up and support him. I've bought graphic tees using their code to give them some residual income when I can, but i have no issue with trying to make a distinction and carve out a space specifically for blacks to enjoy these types of things.

A dude i went to high school with formed a company with a dude he cool with called "Blerd-ish"...they do comic pop ups in the city, they sell an original comic i believe and they be tapped into all the shit video games, anime, etc...

i keep missing the events, but i'm really trying to pop up and support him. I've bought graphic tees using their code to give them some residual income when I can, but i have no issue with trying to make a distinction and carve out a space specifically for blacks to enjoy these types of things.

That sounds dope.

But I really dont get the use of the word Blerd.

That sounds dope.

But I really dont get the use of the word Blerd.
Black Nerd ~shrugs~

this my thing, and even you've talked on this issue...Asians aren't typically all inviting and inclusive. They tend to not share their culture with other cultures and they certainly look down on black people

so for me, having a space specifically for blacks to discuss these "Asian" centric mediums without feeling like they have to beg for a seat at the table is better because we gon always put our spin on it and make it unique to us. My issue is how we tend to be more accepting and accommodating for others to share said unique experiences when they dont afford us the same opportunity.

Black Nerd ~shrugs~

this my thing, and even you've talked on this issue...Asians aren't typically all inviting and inclusive. They tend to not share their culture with other cultures and they certainly look down on black people

so for me, having a space specifically for blacks to discuss these "Asian" centric mediums without feeling like they have to beg for a seat at the table is better because we gon always put our spin on it and make it unique to us. My issue is how we tend to be more accepting and accommodating for others to share said unique experiences when they dont afford us the same opportunity.

Being a nerd is just that a nerd.

Yea, they are foul when it comes to their culture and not accepting us and it is what it is with that. Its their culture and dont want others. Kinda like the thing with white folks with box braids locs and similar stuff. I think that is stupid too

But I just dislike the word overall

Being a nerd is just that a nerd.

Yea, they are foul when it comes to their culture and not accepting us and it is what it is with that. Its their culture and dont want others. Kinda like the thing with white folks with box braids locs and similar stuff. I think that is stupid too

But I just dislike the word overall
you're entitled to feel the way you do...for me personally, the more shit we can have to ourselves, the better to continue to reinforce to outsiders that we dont need them to make shit pop

good day sir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back