Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you start paying attention to the amount of salt in everyday food products... some of this shit should be considered a criminal offense.

yeah yeah yeah...

:js4:

i remember having Lucas, that Mexican lemon lime salt as a kid.. that came in a little bottle, shit was enough for a weeks worth of sodium that we would eat in an hourlol

Any younglings here. Word of advice, if you get a job somewhere and within weeks of getting the job, while in training..before you even know how to do the job you got hired to do. They start talking about your career progression, bring in people to talk about career progression, and start speaking to you about your every motive at work being about career progression. Get da fuck outta there. I’m not even gonna say why..leave that job immediately

sounds like a pyramid scheme

Aiight back to this sodium shit...

I just spent 2 damn hours in the grocery store shopping for my mom and having to read the very tiny print on the back of every label. I'm not gonna get into that shit right now and I'm not gonna talk about the young gal at the checkout... "is this an avocado?" "is this a tomato?" (very true story) - not sure what they're teaching kids these days but she was nice and that's the most important thing (besides knowing what food is as an eater of food and an employee of a grocery store).

But I digress...

The RDA of sodium for most people (most people meaning everyone in the whole universe besides white men under 40 (hmm... who is creating these guidelines?) is 2500mg of sodium. There's a fucked up dynamic there to unpack but again that's not what gave me pause...

What shocked me was I was looking at the soy sauce and that shit is 970mg of sodium per tbsp. PER TABLESPOON!

So my question is this... HOW THE FUCK ARE ASIAN PEOPLE STILL ALIVE???

in fact... how the fuck is anybody still alive? I have a legit salt phobia right now and that shit is EVERYWHERE. Someone here has to have expereienced this before - please explain this shit to me.

I just spent 2 damn hours in the grocery store shopping for my mom and having to read the very tiny print on the back of every label. I'm not gonna get into that shit right now and I'm not gonna talk about the young gal at the checkout... "is this an avocado?" "is this a tomato?" (very true story) - not sure what they're teaching kids these days but she was nice and that's the most important thing (besides knowing what food is as an eater of food and an employee of a grocery store).

But I digress...

The RDA of sodium for most people (most people meaning everyone in the whole universe besides white men under 40 (hmm... who is creating these guidelines?) is 2500mg of sodium. There's a fucked up dynamic there to unpack but again that's not what gave me pause...

What shocked me was I was looking at the soy sauce and that shit is 970mg of sodium per tbsp. PER TABLESPOON!

in fact... how the fuck is anybody still alive? I have a legit salt phobia right now and that shit is EVERYWHERE. Someone here has to have expereienced this before - please explain this shit to me.
LMAO 🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣

How are Asian people still alive? Oh shit🤣🤣🤣

Tin foil hat AP. I don't think they use the shit that's sold to us

But I digress...

Researchers have long believed that the way the level of salt inside our bodies is controlled is fairly straightforward: when levels are too high, our brains are stimulated to make us thirsty. We drink more and excrete more urine, through which the body expels excess salt.

But I digress...

Tips

1.potato bread has the least amount of salt in any bread
2. Salt is a preservative so if it's on a shelf then it has salt in it.
3. America has the most "shelf products "
4. Go to a farmers market...fresh food. Get as much of your food from local farmers.
5. America is king of expiration dates...the longer the date...the more preservatives are in that shit.

Idk what Asian folks be doing...but they aren't suffering from high blood pressure like alot of Americans. As soon as you get diagnosed with high blood pressure...they say eat a low salt diet.

Amazon product ASIN 1580625258

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back