Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
wOoDJs.gif

My son's school doing a dress up theme every day this week for Christmas. I think the dress up part is a little extra but I can tend to be a lil bah humbug with Christmas and this westernized white holiday.

I use to be all in it...but my excitement has been replaced with an awareness of what's really going on...but I digress.
I don't discourage others from celebrating how they want..

The only thing I am into is making gingerbread houses. And it's more because it was my mom's tradition. My brother and I do it with our kids to remember and honor her.

Today is dress like a snow pal and I am like what is that? I had to Google it lol

My son's school doing a dress up theme every day this week for Christmas. I think the dress up part is a little extra but I can tend to be a lil bah humbug with Christmas and this westernized white holiday.

I use to be all in it...but my excitement has been replaced with an awareness of what's really going on...but I digress.

The only thing I am into is making gingerbread houses. And it's more because it was my mom's tradition. My brother and I do it with our kids to remember and honor her.

Today is dress like a snow pal and I am like what is that? I had to Google it lol

Iโ€™m all in but mostly for the sake of my youngest who is 7. I do like the season because everything slows down and people are generally in a better mood which we can all appreciate.

This year weโ€™re trying to focus more on the real reason for the season (Jesus). We actually started cutting back on spending the last few years cause the stuff has become less important. And I order everything online so we donโ€™t stress ourselves fighting shopping crowds. This allows us to spend more quality time together which is my other reason for the season.

Basically I make the holidays my own and donโ€™t care about itโ€™s origins or underlying economic motivations. Informed ignorance is bliss sometimes.

Im so fuckin tired... it really annoying its not a huge thing.. not a big deal but the fact they have to put their grubby little hands on all things... really going to the wall with this shit is annoying as fuck

Last edited:
Iโ€™m all in but mostly for the sake of my youngest who is 7. I do like the season because everything slows down and people are generally in a better mood which we can all appreciate.

This year weโ€™re trying to focus more on the real reason for the season (Jesus). We actually started cutting back on spending the last few years cause the stuff has become less important. And I order everything online so we donโ€™t stress ourselves fighting shopping crowds. This allows us to spend more quality time together which is my other reason for the season.

Basically I make the holidays my own and donโ€™t care about itโ€™s origins or underlying economic motivations. Informed ignorance is bliss sometimes.

Yes people are in a generally better mood and I support positive energy โœจ ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿพ. So tis the season for good vibes only.
My parents had a good balance. My mom made sure we had gifts for the day of.(as kids we believed in Santa untill like 9 or 10)

My dad never supported the whole Santa thing...he would go along to make my mom happy lol. But my dad would give us an envelope of money for Christmas and the day after we would go buy what we wanted.

Those after Christmas prices and sales be lit ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ”ฅ

Yes people are in a generally better mood and I support positive energy โœจ ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿพ. So tis the season for good vibes only.
My parents had a good balance. My mom made sure we had gifts for the day of.(as kids we believed in Santa untill like 9 or 10)

My dad never supported the whole Santa thing...he would go along to make my mom happy lol. But my dad would give us an envelope of money for Christmas and the day after we would go buy what we wanted.

All facts

What your dad did is what Iโ€™m doing with my two oldest. Iโ€™m ordering a couple of things so they have something to open then itโ€™s cash. Iโ€™m only spending $500 on each so the difference between that and what I buy them will be in cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back