Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
middle school students are full human beings that deal with real issues

why is this a shocker for you?
1) Been teaching for eight years. Mostly middle school. This is the first time I’ve ever heard of that. And I’ve taught in special schools with children that have been diagnosed with emotional disabilities.

2) There’s not that much pressure on them in that point of their lives outside of school. They’re still adolescents.

3) The kid who suffered it showed no signs or symptoms of it, and seemed to be their normal selves this morning.

Last edited:
1) Been teaching for eight years. Mostly middle school. This is the first time I’ve ever heard of that. And I’ve taught in special schools with children that have been diagnosed with emotional disabilities.

2) There’s not that much pressure on them in that point of their lives outside of school. They’re still adolescents.

3) The kid who suffered it showed no signs or symptoms of it, and seemed to be their normal selves this morning.

how can you be certain of that?

how can you be certain of that?
Because I communicate with their parents. Most of the students - if not all of them - have one job….school. These parents pushed them to be their best, yes, but it’s is rare that a 5-8 is being asked to always have Straight As.

Because I communicate with their parents. Most of the students - if not all of them - have one job….school. These parents pushed them to be their best, yes, but it’s is rare that a 5-8 is being asked to always have Straight As.

What you're being told by the parents might not always be the reality. Some kids might be dealing with some real shit in their home life

In the later grades of middle school, that makes sense. But 5-6 is still in that kid phase where they’re more concerned with play time then the opposite sex (not that relationships don’t happen in 5th and 6th grade, cause they do.)

I teach in the early part of middle school. 6th grade. Outside of the Internet, those kids lives are relatively pressure-free. What they know is Netflix, Roblox or the next internet game, Steph Curry, and the radio jams their parents play.

The problem is now that they’ve found social media with all these mini-apps, they add a bunch of pressure to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back