Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED The Club Shay Shay Thread

test
Just listened to the Terry Crews pod.

Given the shit coming out about Diddy, is it safe to say Terry was brave to out the first dude that tried to pull that shit on him? And fought the agency and won?

Maybe the fallout wasn’t really warranted afterall.

Just listened to the Terry Crews pod.

Given the shit coming out about Diddy, is it safe to say Terry was brave to out the first dude that tried to pull that shit on him? And fought the agency and won?

Maybe the fallout wasn’t really warranted afterall.

The fallout for him came more from the shit he got into with Gabrielle Union. Outside of some jokes, most which weren't even funny, did he really get backlash for speaking out?

Just as you said earlier the bold should be in proper context. He said that after blowing the NBA Finals against the Mavs when basically everyone not a Miami Heat fan did want him to fail. They was taking national polls about the shit lol.

Nah bruh, he recently made a comment saying that everyone wanted to see him fail when he came into the league. That's a lie.

I guess. Like I said my whole thing is the rewriting of history to pretend as if certain things just flat out didn't happen. That's annoying no matter what fan base it's coming from. But Jordan stans are special with it

I hear you, and I agree. And I do think MJ fans sounds stupid when they do that, but sometimes I believe people just forget. He's been gone a long time. Shit I'm 43. Most of my memories of watching him come from the 90s when he was winning championships. I was a young kid watching him in the 80s, so there's a lot of shit he did good and bad that I didn't even remember until I saw some Youtube vids.

I have no dog in this fight but didn't that ref "retire" after doing that fuck shit and getting outed as a Celtics fan?

That was a terrible no-call for sure, but his reaction was over the top to me. Get up, play the rest of the game, and shit on the refs during the press conference like every other player. That's just how I felt seeing it.

Nah bruh, he recently made a comment saying that everyone wanted to see him fail when he came into the league. That's a lie.

I hear you, and I agree. And I do think MJ fans sounds stupid when they do that, but sometimes I believe people just forget. He's been gone a long time. Shit I'm 43. Most of my memories of watching him come from the 90s when he was winning championships. I was a young kid watching him in the 80s, so there's a lot of shit he did good and bad that I didn't even remember until I saw some Youtube vids.

That was a terrible no-call for sure, but his reaction was over the top to me. Get up, play the rest of the game, and shit on the refs during the press conference like every other player. That's just how I felt seeing it.

He said that recently? Where? If so he's wrong but I vividly remember some folks having doubts and even some players on the Cavs at the time doubting if he'd even be good, they play that footage all the time and Carlos Boozer has spoken about it before. But we also know folks speak in hyperbole so to take him literally would kinda lean into the MJ stan thing you're trying to avoid.

He said that recently? Where? If so he's wrong but I vividly remember some folks having doubts and even some players on the Cavs at the time doubting if he'd even be good, they play that footage all the time and Carlos Boozer has spoken about it before. But we also know folks speak in hyperbole so to take him literally would kinda lean into the MJ stan thing you're trying to avoid.

Timestamped

It was right after he broke the record. No, I don't believe that he thinks that literally every human being on earth wanted him to fail, but I absolutely do believe that he's trying to sell this story that most or a significant amount of the basketball community wanted him to fail. That's just a lie. Were there some people that didn't believe he'd live up to the hype? Sure, but that doesn't mean they wanted him to fail.

Timestamped

It was right after he broke the record. No, I don't believe that he thinks that literally every human being on earth wanted him to fail, but I absolutely do believe that he's trying to sell this story that most or a significant amount of the basketball community wanted him to fail. That's just a lie. Were there some people that didn't believe he'd live up to the hype? Sure, but that doesn't mean they wanted him to fail.

Bron lies all the time. So much it's a running joke he's in on lol. That's why I said even if he said it I wouldn't take it that seriously. And in that quote...he's lying

Bron lies all the time. So much it's a running joke he's in on lol. That's why I said even if he said it I wouldn't take it that seriously. And in that quote...he's lying

Ok, so you can understand how that would lead some people to not liking him and wouldn't just be mindless hating right?

Lol I never said that some of the criticism Bron gets isn't valid or that it's all mindless hating.

No not you, but that's how shit gets carried. If a MJ fan say I don't like something that Lebron does, then his fans can't just take at and leave. They gotta go our of their way to find some example of MJ saying something less than 100% true, and then say the MJ fan isn't being consistent. lol

At the end of the day, some things about Lebron just aren't likable and people voicing that aren't always perpetrating some insidious attempt to disqualify him as the GOAT the way a lot of his fans think.

Reactions: GNS
No not you, but that's how shit gets carried. If a MJ fan say I don't like something that Lebron does, then his fans can't just take at and leave. They gotta go our of their way to find some example of MJ saying something less than 100% true, and then say the MJ fan isn't being consistent. lol

At the end of the day, some things about Lebron just aren't likable and people voicing that aren't always perpetrating some insidious attempt to disqualify him as the GOAT the way a lot of his fans think.

Of course it's plenty of shit about Bron not likable. But when somebody says "Bron isn't the GOAT because he wouldn't be able to play 90s basketball when you could hand check"...well that's just stupid.

Of course it's plenty of shit about Bron not likable. But when somebody says "Bron isn't the GOAT because he wouldn't be able to play 90s basketball when you could hand check"...well that's just stupid.

True. Any great player could play in any era IMO. That said, I do think some players fit certain eras better. I don't think it would be stupid to give reasons why you think a difference in era might negatively impact a player's game. Lebron has scored most of his point in his career at or around the basket. I think that would have been a little harder for him if he spent his whole career playing in an era where the defense could clog the lane. So maybe his numbers or style would have been a little different, but he still would have been great in the 90s.

Reactions: GNS
True. Any great player could play in any era IMO. That said, I do think some players fit certain eras better. I don't think it would be stupid to give reasons why you think a difference in era might negatively impact a player's game. Lebron has scored most of his point in his career at or around the basket. I think that would have been a little harder for him if he spent his whole career playing in an era where the defense could clog the lane. So maybe his numbers or style would have been a little different, but he still would have been great in the 90s.

Players play with the styles they're taught to play. Meaning if Bron came into an NBA with hand checking then he would have had to adjust. And a player that good would adjust. Same as some players from back then would adjust to the 3 point shooting now and work on that aspect of their game more.

And your last sentence is the real key. It's one thing to say he not the GOAT but when folks say somebody that good at basketball would all of a sudden become bad just because you can stand in the paint...that's when I just throw them in the dumb Stan category.

lol I seen this video before. I never understand what people try to prove with videos like this.

If people say defense was tougher in the 90s now, that doesn't mean that there were never any bad defensive plays back then. Modern fans just argue against strawmen.

The fallout for him came more from the shit he got into with Gabrielle Union. Outside of some jokes, most which weren't even funny, did he really get backlash for speaking out?
Niggas were already not fucking with him when he said that. What is this revisionist history lol.
Bruh, all the jokes and memes talking about how he probably gay on the low, why he ain’t beat dude’s ass, why his big ass just stand there and get groped, etc. it was a thing.

There definitely wasn’t an outpouring of support, that’s for sure.

Bruh, all the jokes and memes talking about how he probably gay on the low, why he ain’t beat dude’s ass, why his big ass just stand there and get groped, etc. it was a thing.

There definitely wasn’t an outpouring of support, that’s for sure.

Oh I know the nigga ain't get support but I didn't think people actively tried to blackball him either. It was either jokes or nothing at all. He caught more flack publicly for the shit with Gabrielle Union than this

Back