Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any nigga considered Goat status shouldn't have a wack album even if it's throwaways, Lost Tapes is a classic album which was throwaways. Lupe is an avg artist b.

I said I wasn't gon do this with you but aight.
Not saying Nas ever had any issues with his label but to my knowledge, he never did or at least it wasn't me public.

Lupe from the jump had issues with Atlantic since his debut album. They didn't even wanna these kick push as his debut single. So Lupe manager used the advance they got from Atlantic to do it. Once it caught on, then here comes Atlantic trying to give input.

They made him make songs with producers and singers he didn't want to, thus some of the wack beat selection and forgettable verses. Dude is up there lyrically with some of the greats. Knowing you, you gon think I'm saying he's one of the bests, but he's not just yet, but definitely has what it takes.

Anyway, I know you remember the protest fans did for Atlantic to release Lasers. I mean, what kinda shit is that to withhold an album people are willing to buy on their own. It wasn't until hackers threatened to leak the album (which Lupe supported) that Atlantic went ahead and released the album.

So if your creative ability is constantly being stunted or blocked, would you be motivated to always out your best work for them to profit off of?

I know what you gon say, but I'ma just say fuck that, half way do some shit to get you to release this album to count it towards my contractual agreement

But that album (lasers) was trash tho. So yall did all that protesting for that shit? cmon b.

yo lmaooo this drink champs episode isn't helpin Bleek's reputation as Jay-z's weed holder, 20 mins into this shit and he's already gotten up 3 times and said "this the big homie I gotta take this call" " don't wanna leave him on v-mail" lmaoo

But that album (lasers) was trash tho. So yall did all that protesting for that shit? cmon b.
Did you even read my post? Lol

Lupe's best work to date, imo is:

Food and liquor
The cool
Tetsuo and youth

Food and liquor 2 was ok, lasers meh, and drogas light, super meh

So only half of his discog is worth a damn, but niggas wanna put him up there with the Goats? mannnn if yall dont sitcho asses down somewhere

I bet if Lupe had the support of tde like Kendrick does, we not even having this conversation

But you got it

Nigga what? lmaooooooooo cut it out b. Now Lupe hasn't had support. Yall lupe stans are delusional b.

Nigga what? lmaooooooooo cut it out b. Now Lupe hasn't had support. Yall lupe stans are delusional b.
He means loyal support, not a major label looking to push in on his music.

I bet you the support k dot gets from tde is way more hands off compared to what lupe had with atlantic

Ion know, too many people with their input in you're music, can shit all over your original vision. Not excusing lupe, but it's not like that hasn't happened before.

Half your catalog???????? lmaoo My nigga, every artist on a major goes through this shit, I'm not giving Lupe a pass for that shit.

Josh, Goldie is allergic to rational lines of thinking

Save your key strokes for a young lady who needs to be simped son

Rational? Blaming the record label for half of ur catalog being trash is rational? lol Acting as if he's the only artist having to deal with labels is rational? smh aight bruh

Ya brah

If only everyone had the support of Kendrick. The rap game would be heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back