Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Du you have a shotgun? I was relieved when the doctor said I was having a boy. Parenting is scary enough but I am not sure how bad I would be with a girl. That is a whole other responsibility.

Du you have a shotgun? I was relieved when the doctor said I was having a boy. Parenting is scary enough but I am not sure how bad I would be with a girl. That is a whole other responsibility.

having a girl aint the end of the world

no better feeling than seeing her eyes light up when i pick her up from daycare

ya'll need to get off the boo boo

if it werent for someone's daughter, ya'll wouldnt be here

kids r kids. there's no added daughter burden.

:saywut:that's right AP!

Not from that standpoint. But from the standpoint of feeling like I have to protect her from that things more than I do with my son. It is natural to feel that way. Everyone says the father daughter relationship is the best but knowing what I know I was more afraid of having a girl than a boy.

Not from that standpoint. But from the standpoint of feeling like I have to protect her from that things more than I do with my son. It is natural to feel that way. Everyone says the father daughter relationship is the best but knowing what I know I was more afraid of having a girl than a boy.
I'd be more afraid of having a boy personally. I'm sure I'd overcome it quick if I had 1 but the concept is intimidating.

I was talking about the normal mental burden a man feels. Like I have to protect her from the wolves rather than I have to make sure he doesn't become a wolf. The lioness leads the pride. Her job is a lot more complex than the lion.

fam, i mean, with both genders, you do the best YOU can to raise them

teach them morals, principles, etc...and at some point THEY become responsible for the decisions they make

but we gotta stop this belief that having a daughter is more mentally draining than a son. Kids are mentally draining period

I'd be more afraid of having a boy personally. I'm sure I'd overcome it quick if I had 1 but the concept is intimidating.
Having a child in this world is scary regardless of gender. But for me I thought before he was born that it would be easier to have a son. This lil Ras is bouncing of the wall and going crazy but mentally my thought process and teaching is different for him than it would be for a daugher. Not easier but different.

I was talking about the normal mental burden a man feels. Like I have to protect her from the wolves rather than I have to make sure he doesn't become a wolf. The lioness leads the pride. Her job is a lot more complex than the lion.
Having a child in this world is scary regardless of gender. But for me I thought before he was born that it would be easier to have a son. This lil Ras is bouncing of the wall and going crazy but mentally my thought process and teaching is different for him than it would be for a daugher. Not easier but different.
I see. It might be cuz I'm a woman but it's the complete opposite for me. the idea of preventing someone from becoming a wolf, even a covert/subtle wolf, overwhelms me more than the responsibility of instilling self-protection mechanisms in a female child. I can control my influence but not the world's.

fam, i mean, with both genders, you do the best YOU can to raise them

teach them morals, principles, etc...and at some point THEY become responsible for the decisions they make

but we gotta stop this belief that having a daughter is more mentally draining than a son. Kids are mentally draining period
No I didn't mean more draining. I meant just different. I know everyone thinks everything is equal but I can teach him certain things and luckily he has a mother for balance. The same would be for a daughter but her mother would be her primary source for feminine related things. I know in modern times people think a woman can properly rap teach I son everything and I man can teach a daughter everything but I don't.

When it comes to some things I still believe in balance. I was partly raised by a single mother. She would play sports with me but shaving your face is not the same as shaving your legs. I don't mean to be disrespectful but their are things that mothers/ woman are more familiar with than fathers/ men and vice versa.

No I didn't mean more draining. I meant just different. I know everyone thinks everything is equal but I can teach him certain things and luckily he has a mother for balance. The same would be for a daughter but her mother would be her primary source for feminine related things. I know in modern times people think a woman can properly rap teach I son everything and I man can teach a daughter everything but I don't.

ok...we are getting somewhere

i think the key is balance

When it comes to some things I still believe in balance. I was partly raised by a single mother. She would play sports with me but shaving your face is not the same as shaving your legs. I don't mean to be disrespectful but their are things that mothers/ woman are more familiar with than fathers/ men and vice versa.

well fwiw, no one taught me to shave

and my mother taught me to drive her stick shift vehicle

stepfather taught me how to fix lil stuff on one of my old beater cars

i taught myself to cook, but i watched my mother for years but there was never any "ok son, you need to come see how i cook so you can learn on your own"

Again, I understand that everyone wants the genders to be equal in every way possible but there is a reason why there are two genders. There are differences.

they both need love tho

degrees of love imo are irrelevant

well fwiw, no one taught me to shave

and my mother taught me to drive her stick shift vehicle

stepfather taught me how to fix lil stuff on one of my old beater cars

i taught myself to cook, but i watched my mother for years but there was never any "ok son, you need to come see how i cook so you can learn on your own"
You had the balance of a step father and trust me mothers are out here doing way too much because a lot are fathers are not around so they have to. That is why I stated the the lioness leads the pride. For the most part she has a lot more things that she has to worry about. I don't know too many men that wake up thinking about how will I raise these kids if she leaves or something. We would hopefully step up if she did but that is not a concern that we are built with. Women have to think about that because more than likely she would have the kids. I am just pointing out one difference. Their struggle is different than ours as men. So their teaching can't be the same as ours.

they both need love tho

degrees of love imo are irrelevant
Again Bretheren, I hope we all love our kids regardless of gender or anything else. I am just saying the teaching can not be the same and I am not talking about schooling. I am talking about life teachings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back