Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta change up everything. I think that's what's wrong. No mo trips to the hood. No more skrip clubs. I'm a have to cut some folks loose

Im so hungry and I dont feel like cooking.
Im fucking tired and I have mad homework.

I use to could party all night and be good the next morning
but now that Im older, shit aint the same.

Me after a night of drinking at 21:
dfe.gif

me after a night of drinking at 27:
arts-defibrillating-male-patie.jpg

Dawn Staley look so damn good.

So proud how she turned that women's bb program around to a national team.

Homeboy having a birthday thing at a club tonight but idk if i wanna fuck with it. Probably like 10 to get in tho. But im end up doing too much

The word of the day is Faith. Sometimes Life puts you in a position to where you just have to "do" or take action even if and when you don't know how.

A few weekends ago a nice sized tree fell in one of the community food growing places I've been apart of building and maintaining. The weekend it happened I called someone I knew with a chainsaw so we can handle this.

As I'm looking at the fallen tree and the damages it made before anyone arrives with the proper tools I notice that the tree fell perfectly in a way where it missed all of the fruit trees and plants that are there for the neighborhood, kind of like a cartoon. I give thanks to the creator and continue to do what I can until more tools arrive.

When the tools show up they weren't enough but we did what we could with what we had. The chainsaw also ran out of gas after a few cuts. The guy leaves but he leaves me a hacksaw but without a ladder it's useless.

Fast forward to last weekend. All I have is a hacksaw and no ladder but I need to get this space clear asap because I'm putting together an event there in a few weeks.

As soon as I start climbing this tree someone shows up with an 8ft ladder. This helped a whole lot but it still wasn't enough. This is like a 40-50ft tree. While I'm on the ladder an older man sees me and kindly offers to lend some tools after he walks his dog.

This man came back with every tool we needed from extension ladders, to loppers and even a chainsaw. We had that entire tree cut down within an hour and none of this would've happened if I didn't first walk out there with my little pussy ass hacksaw and the faith that this tree was going to come down whether I knew how it was gonna get done or not.

Faith

That's what's up brah

But, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but couldn't you have called the city to come take care of that?

That's what's up brah

But, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but couldn't you have called the city to come take care of that?

Not if the community is going to take ownership in their neighborhood. The city has abandoned space everywhere and we are taking it without permits or permission and doing something with it for the benefit of the neighborhood.

The city doesn't maintain it either, the people do.

You're witnessing the beginning of communities physically taking ownership of their neighborhoods by being hands on.

I only ask because if the property isn't legally in someone's name, my understanding is that it's property of the city.

Nonetheless, glad y'all are being proactive rather than reactive

I just had an idea of putting some rosemary stems underneath the skin of a whole chicken dipped in olive oil and throwing it on the grill. I'm thinking it will give it a smoked rosemary taste (whatever that tastes like) but I want another flavor to offset it. I'm thinking a citrus/sweet combo, maybe a vinaigrette type. Any suggestions?

I just had an idea of putting some rosemary stems underneath the skin of a whole chicken dipped in olive oil and throwing it on the grill. I'm thinking it will give it a smoked rosemary taste (whatever that tastes like) but I want another flavor to offset it. I'm thinking a citrus/sweet combo, maybe a vinaigrette type. Any suggestions?

sounds complicated.

Garlic.

Garlic grills awesome.

So yea, I just sent a face book request to a random ass old ass white lady....

We ain't have no mutual friends, but a lot of her friends are young black people.... I'm curious as to why

Garlic.

Garlic grills awesome.

We ain't have no mutual friends, but a lot of her friends are young black people.... I'm curious as to why

INB4...

:cry1:

Garlic.

Garlic grills awesome.

YgJ1lxi_zpsnq9tihfd.gif
[/URL][/IMG]
YgJ1lxi_zpsnq9tihfd.gif

basil and freshly squeezed OJ. thank me later. please make love with that chicken an add salt, pepper, and garlic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back