Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the best night I had on here so far.
I swear y'all had me rollin tonight, haven't busted out laughing like that in a long time.
It's deeply appreciated to be able to laugh an have some nice convo wit some grown folks...
giphy.gif

Welll.... my pm's are always open too oj.png

@Zagreus highly recommended one, I think 23andme?

Haven't done 23 & me.

I've done both African ancestry and ancestry DNA.

There's quite a difference between the 2.

African ancestry specializes in the mitochondrial lineages of ones x and y chromosomes, which vary along ethnic lines. So in this case it'll tell you the ethnicity of your fathers father, and mother's mother.

Keep in mind that its a very small portion of your DNA. I did it about a decade ago and chose to support them over the rest despite the price because they are black owned. Things may have changed with them tho haven't had a reason to check back with them.

Last year I did the ancestry DNA test. Its an admixture test that tells you your racial composition based on nationalities. It also matches you up with people who have also taken the test that you're related to genetically, which gave me a pretty big surprise.

I then took the data from ancestry and plugged it into other genetic databases which was super enlightening.

Zero regrets, whatsoever.

@NeighborhoodNomad @Reesey @BNE

Who all took the survey?

Cuz I think we need to do an investigation to figure out who thought filet mignon was a fish...
:lmao2:

I don't folks know how hard it was to myself from literally bustin out loud while I was work. Lol!

Haven't done 23 & me.

I've done both African ancestry and ancestry DNA.

There's quite a difference between the 2.

African ancestry specializes in the mitochondrial lineages of ones x and y chromosomes, which vary along ethnic lines. So in this case it'll tell you the ethnicity of your fathers father, and mother's mother.

Keep in mind that its a very small portion of your DNA. I did it about a decade ago and chose to support them over the rest despite the price because they are black owned. Things may have changed with them tho haven't had a reason to check back with them.

Last year I did the ancestry DNA test. Its an admixture test that tells you your racial composition based on nationalities. It also matches you up with people who have also taken the test that you're related to genetically, which gave me a pretty big surprise.

I then took the data from ancestry and plugged it into other genetic databases which was super enlightening.

Zero regrets, whatsoever.

@NeighborhoodNomad @Reesey @BNE
No not you too.......... Read Behold a Pale Horse my brother. It's DNA mining candy coated with with falsehood of ancestry findings. Google backs 23 and me for those who don't know.

wow...good stuff ya'll...thread was fun as hell

whats funny is when i saw the no. 1 answers for the questions, i might've guessed like 8 of em when he sent me the questions

some of ya'll uncultured af lol

like Race said, salmon is ALWAYS on the menu...i think the only time you might find something like swordfish is maybe one of those spots that serve the food a la carte

but im weak at filet magnum

Baby, I aint hard to please, I don't really mess wit that red meat, a turkey sammich would be good and a tall glass of water would be kool wit me. Since you ladies were so receptive to be a part of the kid's team/dream, :usmart:

Ima cook yall the steaks, sho off my skills in the kitchen and show yall what that tongue do, see if Yall can touch ya toes tonight or at cha job for the kid...I'ma be the nasty nigga today/tonight.. Let's get it ;;;;;

No not you too.......... Read Behold a Pale Horse my brother. It's DNA mining candy coated with with falsehood of ancestry findings. Google backs 23 and me for those who don't know.

Bought a pale horse when I was 15. Besides that

Don't really care tbh. If they wanted my DNA there's quite a few ways to go about it.

With nano technological robots that can travel the bloodstream already in existence is there really a point to pretending they cant get anything they want from anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back