Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
21107408_1189535571190618_7647250022840401920_n.jpg

Kung Lao or Jax

This why I don't like to go out to eat, go to the club, go to the movies etc. I refuse to pay quadruple for shit just cuz, gtfoh

YFu7CkKpQzO_9zJsb-t0hA.png
Not defending this behavior but if you have the money why not? I know there are a 1 million other things that can be done with 10k but if the person has it let him spend it. As someone who invests in restaurants/ clubs you would be very surprised on the actual liquor mark up when you add in all the other expenses that go into a club. Your view is what it cost in the store vs the club without an understanding of the other expenses involved.

Not defending this behavior but if you have the money why not? I know there are a 1 million other things that can be done with 10k but if the person has it let him spend it. As someone who invests in restaurants/ clubs you would be very surprised on the actual liquor mark up when you add in all the other expenses that go into a club. Your view is what it cost in the store vs the club without an understanding of the other expenses involved.

What reason in the world should I pay 1500 for something that cost 300?

What reason in the world should I pay 1500 for something that cost 300?
I can't give you the individual a good reason. But do you apply the same logic to your everyday life. What good reason do you have to spend money on water? Do you know what the markup is on water? Hope about when you go out to eat. Do you know the mark up on Chicken. You like sneakers right? Do you ever sit to think about the mark up on those? Again I am not saying we should all go out and spend excess money on anything. But the value of anything is completely based on what people are willing to pay for it.

I can't give you the individual a good reason. But do you apply the same logic to your everyday life. What good reason do you have to spend money on water? Do you know what the markup is on water? Hope about when you go out to eat. Do you know the mark up on Chicken. You like sneakers right? Do you ever sit to think about the mark up on those? Again I am not saying we should all go out and spend excess money on anything. But the value of anything is completely based on what people are willing to pay for it.

Yea I do all of that.

If one store is selling sneakers for 100 and the one across the street is selling THE SAME sneakers for 500, why would I buy the 500 ones? That's just common sense lol

Yea I do all of that.

If one store is selling sneakers for 100 and the one across the street is selling THE SAME sneakers for 500, why would I buy the 500 ones? That's just common sense lol
Ok . But clubs and restaurants sell something less tangible. It is the experience of being in the club sitting in a space(the bill you posted was from somewhere that has a minimum for a section). You can't put a value on someone else' experience and you don't understand what it cost the owner of the venue per square foot for that time. If you own a club there are 7 12 hour days when for most of the day it is closed. Think about that. There is literally time everyday when the venue is making 0 dollars and has eaxpenses. I am happy that you won't buy a bottle in a club but if everyone was like you I would be in trouble, There is nothing wrong is saying you wouldn't do something. But don't knock people that do. We all have different value that we put on goods and services. It is what it is.

Ok . But clubs and restaurants sell something less tangible. It is the experience of being in the club sitting in a space(the bill you posted was from somewhere that has a minimum for a section). You can't put a value on someone else' experience and you don't understand what it cost the owner of the venue per square foot for that time. If you own a club there are 7 12 hour days when for most of the day it is closed. Think about that. There is literally time everyday when the venue is making 0 dollars and has eaxpenses. I am happy that you won't buy a bottle in a club but if everyone was like you I would be in trouble, There is nothing wrong is saying you wouldn't do something. But don't knock people that do. We all have different value that we put on goods and services. It is what it is.

I agree, but look at my original post u quoted, I clearly said I wouldn't do it, I didnt shit on anybody else lol

I agree, but look at my original post u quoted, I clearly said I wouldn't do it, I didnt shit on anybody else lol
Yeah I may have missed that as we got further in the conversation. I was trying to get you as a business owner to see the other side of the equation. It was one of toughest things I learned when trying to balance making money and having some sense of morality.

Yeah I may have missed that as we got further in the conversation. I was trying to get you as a business owner to see the other side of the equation. It was one of toughest things I learned when trying to balance making money and having some sense of morality.

I had no idea you ran a club lol Is it a night club? Bar?

I had no idea you ran a club lol Is it a night club? Bar?
I have investments in nightclub/ restaurants and bars. So I spend a lot of time looking at the books and stuff and a lost less time being at the actual locations now that I am married with child.

I have investments in nightclub/ restaurants and bars. So I spend a lot of time looking at the books and stuff and a lost less time being at the actual locations now that I am married with child.

They said the restaurant business is the hardest business in the game. Is it profitable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back