Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear this has been the craziest past few days.

Different people, some who know me and some who don't have basically said the same thing to me.

It's a sign!

20902763_110692909620232_8715296930659303424_n.jpg
lmao yo, the black dude next to the asian dude is holding a pic of a white baby

That has to be a troll job

@Sweet Pussie Saturday

been meaning to get at you for the last few days or so

so i FINALLY listened to "the recession" in its entirety...it was very meh

he had the potential to challenge for the best first 3 albums discussion and laid an egg with Recession. Just to make sure i wasnt tripping, I listened to TM 101 and The Inspiration like back to back to back to back, then threw in the Recession

Jay dropped the ball mayne

If I don't get into specifics, most times it's not anyone's business. However I like to make it general to share it.

Remember that.

@Sweet Pussie Saturday

he had the potential to challenge for the best first 3 albums discussion and laid an egg with Recession. Just to make sure i wasnt tripping, I listened to TM 101 and The Inspiration like back to back to back to back, then threw in the Recession

giphy.gif

@Sweet Pussie Saturday

Recession is a historical reference of a time where Bush had fuck us over and at the same time there was a black man in Chicago tryna sell us Hope.

"It's a recession, everybody broke/ So I just came back to give everybody hope,"

That album wasn't meant to have an economist perspective of who, what, and why.....Jeezy gave a street nigga's view of the trickle down effects of corrupt government and the harsh realities of survival.

Is it his best album....nah. But imo this was a pretty nice attempt at tackling the social issues of our community without overstepping his own intellectual boundaries. And I mean come on, that album gave us President Obama's anthem and one of the best jay z remixes imo

Reactions: Chicity
Status
Not open for further replies.