Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im too black to celebrate the 4th of July.
i'm not!
11666316_10153002261502263_1981341276520714900_n.jpg

Africa is extremely large,

I'm quite sure a person from Ethiopia would be offended as shit if you confused them with someone from Mali....

Africans tend to be extremely proud of their countries......

mistaken a nigerian for an egyptian and see if they on some "we are all of the same motherland"....

man they gonna be ready to break a foot off up in you
But Ethiopia was the place that set aside land for all returning black people. But we can discuss that another day.

But Ethiopia was the place that set aside land for all returning black people. But we can discuss that another day.
fossils say Tanzania is the origin of humanity but Ethiopia is old af, too.

I'm quite sure a person from Ethiopia would be offended as shit if you confused them with someone from Mali....

mistaken a nigerian for an egyptian and see if they on some "we are all of the same motherland"....

I understand that national identity is a thing, but in Africa tribal identity is even more of a thing - many wld get mad if u confused them for someone from a different tribe. those borders r drawn in the sand n by colonial powers, NOT Africans. ppl identify with their language n their ethnic group (tribe, hundreds of which can n often do exist within the same country).

I've visited many times n every person will have their own identity but viewing urself as a member of ur ethnic group is more common. the same ethnic group can exist in multiple countries, like the Fulani.

I see what u're saying but u're still off base fam.

fossils say Tanzania is the origin of humanity but Ethiopia is old af, too.

I understand that national identity is a thing, but in Africa tribal identity is even more of a thing - many wld get mad if u confused them for someone from a different tribe. those borders r drawn in the sand n by colonial powers, NOT Africans. ppl identify with their language n their ethnic group (tribe, hundreds of which can n often do exist within the same country).

I've visited many times n every person will have their own identity but viewing urself as a member of ur ethnic group is more common. the same ethnic group can exist in multiple countries, like the Fulani.

I see what u're saying but u're still off base fam.
how am i off base by saying i identify more with west africans who got wide noses like me?

also considering my name is west african, and i had to look into this like decades ago just off the strength of self discovery.....

how am i off base by saying i identify more with west africans who got wide noses like me?
that was not what I said. I specifically said you're right to do so, actually lol.

I was saying you're off base in saying that Africans identify with country 1st. That isn't true because many African countries have multiple ethnic groups within them n those ethnic groups existed independently prior to borders being drawn by colonizers. it's ethnic groups that are identified 1st and foremost with.

this entire post was off base, as was the one claiming an indigenous African country is Middle Eastern.

again: I didn't say you're off base by saying you identify more with West Africans. altho u keep inaccurately talking about West Africans like the monopoly on wide noses is held there. there r West African ethnicities known for narrow noses too, you know. A good amount of North Nigeria for example.

there r also entire populations in every other corner of Africa with similarities and differences. its worth learning about, if u r interested in knowing bout the ppl (West Africans) u claim to identify with.
also considering my name is west african, and i had to look into this like decades ago just off the strength of self discovery.....
Keep going down that road. I am too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back